Best IEMs around £125
May 30, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:
THe phonaks are identical drivers and earphones etc just different accessories. People will describe them differently. I do not see you going wrong with them To be honest if you have the money etc i would just pull the trigger on the GR07,you'll know if you like the bobby or not!

I know, that's why I grouped the 132/012 together and looked at them against the GR07, think I've decided unless anyone has any other suggestions, but thanks to all who helped, you guys seem pretty knowledgeable

May 30, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #17 of 20
If your prepared to spend the money get the GR07, they are not disimilar in presentation to the PFE's but do most things better, especially bass (both quality and quantity). The PFE's have slightly more micro detail and I find them super comfortable.

You have pretty much the exact same set-up as me, one thing to consider is the PFE is more difficult to drive. I have to turn the pre-amp up on Poweramp to get to the levels I like. But if you are offered the PFE for 30 notes...the GR07 is not 3 times better...so I haven't helped you have I? :D

May 30, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #18 of 20
^ This. This guy currently is loaning my PFEs and i would trust what he has to say!
I will second how much comfier the PFE are to any other IEMs i have tried including the GR06 which is a similar (almost identical) design to GR07!

May 30, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #19 of 20
not even 30 notes but coins xD (unless the scots are still using that £1 note) to be honest i do absolutly nothing with the 012 now, so i thought i might aswell give it away, so if anyone does want it for £30 gimme a shout, for now they sit tucked in my second pfe 232 case (for some reason mine came with 3 cases in the box haha)

May 30, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:
not even 30 notes but coins xD (unless the scots are still using that £1 note) to be honest i do absolutly nothing with the 012 now, so i thought i might aswell give it away, so if anyone does want it for £30 gimme a shout, for now they sit tucked in my second pfe 232 case (for some reason mine came with 3 cases in the box haha)

well I suppose that maybe for £20 I could use them as a backup pair, but if someone wants to get them for £30 (and they more than probably will) then go for it, I'm sure they'll make someone a very happy chappy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back