Best IEM where wires go straight down
Sep 19, 2011 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DSchwartz88

Head-Fier
I ordered the Westone 3 last night, and am super excited to try them. However, I can definitely see myself getting annoyed at how most upper tier IEM's sit on the ear (with the wire looping over the ear). Does anyone have any recommendations as to an IEM with similar characteristics/signature as the Westone 3 but where the wire goes down? I'm going to try my hardest to like the Westone because i've heard phenomenal things about them, just getting myself prepped for other IEM's if I dont end up liking how they sit.

Comfort is a huge need for me, I havent had IEM's for years, and the last time I did I got rid of them because of comfort/staying in issues. 

In terms of the music I like listening to: lots of jam bands/instrumental (Phish, etc.), some electronica/mashup (Pretty Lights, GirlTalk), and lots of classic rock. I am definitely not a bass head, though I do like some kick to it.  

These will be driven purely by an iPhone 4 with no amp.

Thanks again for dealing with tons of my posts about my new earphones, this community is awesome.

Sep 19, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #2 of 3
I thought the same way for years, and always resisted buying IEMs that were only able to be worn over the ear. Bought a pair of TF10 and haven't looked back. Give the W3 a shot, you'll love the elimination of cable noise and the more secure fit that over ear options offer.

Sep 19, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #3 of 3
I agree. I used to be like, oh, over the ears, that sounds stupid. Then I got some Shures, and other earphones you wear over the ears. It's much better imo. I have worn all my earphones over the ears for years now.

Can't think of anything I have owned that sounds like the W3's, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back