Best IEM under $200?
Oct 9, 2018 at 6:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

3mocrash

New Head-Fier
Looking for the best for bang for the buck! So as I patiently wait for my custom 64 Audio A12t to finish production I wanted to treat myself to a cheaper pair that I could use till they arrive. Currently I am using KZ’s AS10 for everyday use as they do hell of a job for a $60 earphone( A bit too bright and needs a bit more bass for me at least ) nevertheless they are pretty dam good, i personally think are much better than my 1More Triple Driver IEM which retails at $100. ANYWAYS off topic , I currently been looking into the BGVP DM6 and look into a couple of reviews and they seem like a great pair. What else do you all recomend in the >$200 range ? I do need an IEM that does bass well. Hip-hop , RnB , EDM, indie rock, sub bass / lows need to thump. My source is an iPhone 8+. Please let me know what you’ve tried and i’m open to all recommendations!

Oct 9, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #7 of 15
I’ll probably make it 4 on the IT01 . You should have gone for the KZ ZS10 rather than the AS as it has 4 ba’s and a dynamic rather than the 5 ba’s as the AS10 it has pretty good bass close to the IT01’s but like the IT01’s bass a bit more. While I didn’t listen to the E4000 did listen to the E5000 it was I think better all around iem than the IT01 but was harder to drive and the E4000 is only 4 dB more sensitive so from a phone would go with the IT01 at 108 +/- 2 dB versus the 97 dB Final and for the music you want to listen to the IT01 does bring some bass and isn’t half bad with detail either.

Apr 28, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #8 of 15
I’m looking to get an iem or in ears for 150euros. What’s the best bang for buck? I’m thinking with going with final audio e4000 or 3000 or shure se315. Can’t really decide. Which you suggest? Will use for long time,
Several years and for commuting and gym.

Apr 28, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #9 of 15
The e4000 and it01 are very different.The e4000 has a very unique sound signature that I guess from reading must be a Final house sound. Very good detail and an overall laid back signature. It's got very deep bass response but when wearing it out i find it doesn't isolate too well without foams. it01 would be the better all rounder.

If you liked the AS10 but found it lacking in bass why not just get a cheaper pair that has slightly similar sound but with more sub bass. Perhaps the CCA C10 or C16, both from the same stable as the KZ brand.

I have the BGVP DMG which has crazy sub bass.

Jun 1, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #11 of 15
I've been using Blon Bl03 for quite some time and planning to buy new IEM.Can you guys help me to choose between Thieaudio legacy 3,Tin Hifi T4, Moondrop starfield.
If you really like the BL03 tuning. I would probably put the T4 last, as the upper mids can be really prominent/intense at times. I fully recommend the Legacy 3, especially if you like the BL03. It’s currently my favorite IEM that I own. The Starfield is reportedly not as intense as the T4, and is quite universally praised, but I haven’t heard it myself.

Jun 1, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #12 of 15
Looking for the best for bang for the buck! So as I patiently wait for my custom 64 Audio A12t to finish production I wanted to treat myself to a cheaper pair that I could use till they arrive. Currently I am using KZ’s AS10 for everyday use as they do hell of a job for a $60 earphone( A bit too bright and needs a bit more bass for me at least ) nevertheless they are pretty dam good, i personally think are much better than my 1More Triple Driver IEM which retails at $100. ANYWAYS off topic , I currently been looking into the BGVP DM6 and look into a couple of reviews and they seem like a great pair. What else do you all recomend in the >$200 range ? I do need an IEM that does bass well. Hip-hop , RnB , EDM, indie rock, sub bass / lows need to thump. My source is an iPhone 8+. Please let me know what you’ve tried and i’m open to all recommendations!
ThieAudio Legacy 3, Moondrop Starfield, BLON BL03, KZ ZSX, for a ton of bass there is the TFZ No.3, Etymotic ER2XR if you like more neutral sound, but with decent DD bass and great isolation. These are all <$200.

Jun 2, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #13 of 15
If you really like the BL03 tuning. I would probably put the T4 last, as the upper mids can be really prominent/intense at times. I fully recommend the Legacy 3, especially if you like the BL03. It’s currently my favorite IEM that I own. The Starfield is reportedly not as intense as the T4, and is quite universally praised, but I haven’t heard it myself.
Actually Blon 03 Tuning is great and "almost" all the songs are different from what I heard from my audio technica ATH-M20x but Attack on titan reluctant heros song and some other too sound slightly less bassy and less sounding than Audio technica ( Bassy at most of the songs ).If you could suggest some IEM it'll be helpful.

Jun 2, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #14 of 15
Actually Blon 03 Tuning is great and "almost" all the songs are different from what I heard from my audio technica ATH-M20x but Attack on titan reluctant heros song and some other too sound slightly less bassy and less sounding than Audio technica ( Bassy at most of the songs ).If you could suggest some IEM it'll be helpful.
Just to clarify, you would like an IEM that has MORE bass than the BL03? If so, I wouldn‘t go with any of the 3 IEMs that you previously mentioned, b/c they all have less bass. For a bass head IEM, look into the TFZ No.3. If willing to pay a lot more, look into the ThieAudio Legacy 9.

Jun 3, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #15 of 15
I would also agree with the IT01. Pretty good for its price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back