Best IEM under $100 for jogging and going to the gym.
Jun 16, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #16 of 25
I just went for the m6 again, they came back in stock at play.com for £20  cant go wrong with that, the sound better than most phones double the price and have the benifit of being great in the gym.

Jun 17, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #17 of 25
I'm surprised no one has recommended SoundMagic yet. Recently at the end of May, SoundMagic has released 2 new models for working out, you should check out the E30's. They're only around $30 USD, and I've heard that the comfort they provide is unrivaled. For that price range, it's hard to beat SoundMagic.

Jun 17, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #18 of 25

Quote:
I'm surprised no one has recommended SoundMagic yet. Recently at the end of May, SoundMagic has released 2 new models for working out, you should check out the E30's. They're only around $30 USD, and I've heard that the comfort they provide is unrivaled. For that price range, it's hard to beat SoundMagic.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Soundmagic EH11 but don't see them for sale yet. E30's neither. Any links that they are out cause I'm not seeing them on Google, ebay, Micca, Mp4nation etc.

Jun 19, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #20 of 25
I was using Westone 1's for a while, probably a little over your budget but they were decent.  By the way, I put the cord under my shirt so it doesn't get snagged on anything in the gym.  And yes, I use a fanny pack.

Jun 20, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #21 of 25

Quote:

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Soundmagic EH11 but don't see them for sale yet. E30's neither. Any links that they are out cause I'm not seeing them on Google, ebay, Micca, Mp4nation etc.

We have some on order with SoundMagic, along with their new E10 and P30, and they should be here in the first to second week of July. 

Jack

Jun 20, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #22 of 25
Really liked the Ety ER6i when I went to the gym for a short while -- any sort of sound quality goes out the window because 24hr fitness has their BACKGROUND MUSIC SET SO LOUD that not even the Etys' usually better-than-earplug soundproofing can't back it off.  Needless to say I just run/bike and use resistance bands at home now, but unless you can find a good place that doesn't believe in pump-it-up songs 24hrs a day, I'd take maximum isolation first and then think about quality.

Jun 20, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #23 of 25
For the gym, you always need something over the ear, well built and with a 'fun' sound to get you moving!

Jun 22, 2011 at 8:18 AM Post #25 of 25

Quote:
Really liked the Ety ER6i when I went to the gym for a short while -- any sort of sound quality goes out the window because 24hr fitness has their BACKGROUND MUSIC SET SO LOUD that not even the Etys' usually better-than-earplug soundproofing can't back it off.  Needless to say I just run/bike and use resistance bands at home now, but unless you can find a good place that doesn't believe in pump-it-up songs 24hrs a day, I'd take maximum isolation first and then think about quality.

Best isolation ever:

http://reviews.akg.com/7459-en_gb/105/reviews.htm

And the quality isn't bad, not bad at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back