Best IEM tips that aren't sony hybrids/comply foam?
Aug 2, 2012 at 4:39 AM Post #2 of 18
You might want to tell us what IEM we are talking here so people won't recommend you eartips of the wrong size bore that doesn't fit yours.

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #3 of 18
Comfort in an IEM is priceless...

Comply Foam tips are not.

But, I just bought a 120 pair for 1.33 dollars a pair.

Expensive? I didn't think that was alot.

Jim

Aug 2, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #4 of 18
Quote:
You might want to tell us what IEM we are talking here so people won't recommend you eartips of the wrong size bore that doesn't fit yours.

M31s and the 8320 from monoprice. 
Quote:
Comfort in an IEM is priceless...
Comply Foam tips are not.
But, I just bought a 120 pair for 1.33 dollars a pair.
Expensive? I didn't think that was alot.
Jim

$160... not bad. Although I don't have a job atm so much more difficult for me to afford

Aug 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:
M31s and the 8320 from monoprice. 
$160... not bad. Although I don't have a job atm so much more difficult for me to afford

Sorry to hear that...

Hope it turns around for you soon.

What size Comply Foam tips do you use?

Thanks, Jim

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #6 of 18
Never used comply foam tips.. I do use sony hybrids, although the largest one only creates a decent seal.

This is one of my first times purchasing tips without earphones..

Only thing I know is that the double flange tips that come with MEELECS fit really well, but I lost 1 at the gym..

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #7 of 18
It really depends on IEM and your actual ear.  Each person will have a different tip that will work well.  Although suggestions will send you in a certain direction, that direction is uncertain.  It may be the right direction, but at times maynot be.  So keep that in mind.  The IEM is a requirement though, otherwise, we can't say anything.  Also always try the stock tips that come with IEMs.  Much of the time, tips are tuned into the IEM (as they can change sound).  

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:
Never used comply foam tips.. I do use sony hybrids, although the largest one only creates a decent seal.

This is one of my first times purchasing tips without earphones..

Only thing I know is that the double flange tips that come with MEELECS fit really well, but I lost 1 at the gym..

Which brand and model IEM do you have?

Jim

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:
Which brand and model IEM do you have?

Jim

Model is more important than brand.  A lot more important.  Unless, of course, the brand uses the same generic shape in all their models.  

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Model is more important than brand.  A lot more important.  Unless, of course, the brand uses the same generic shape in all their models.  

Your point???

The question was not directed to you.

If you wanna school me, Take it to PMs.

Jim

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #12 of 18
Aug 2, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:
I posted earlier.. Monoprice 8320s and meelectronics m31s

Monoprice looks more like a shallow insertion, you may benefit more by using a normal silicone tip that is more round and less bullet shaped (Hybrids may not work the best here).  UE silicone may be a good bet.  Foam tips may work though (Shure Olives or Comply Foam)  A larger tip generally does better here.  For MEE, I would actually recommend something like a pair of Hybrids, or the MEE long bullet tips (I forget which model they came from).  Klipsch oval tips can also prove good as well.  Dual/triple flange tips may prove useful if your ear can get good seals with them (I generally can't get a good seal with anything but an Etymotic triple flange outside single flanges).  Once again, foam tips may be good as well (Shure or Comply; again).  

Can't give more specific details until I know the nozzle size of the Monoprice and size of tips you are currently using (for hybrids).  

Your point???

The question was not directed to you.

If you wanna school me, Take it to PMs.

Jim

My point was stated.  Knowing brand will give you little information on what he wants.  It was 100% relevant and not to "school" you.  

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #14 of 18
Currently using the light green/light blue tips, getting a good seal is a huge fuss with them though. I particularly liked the double flange provided with the m31, but can't find them for sale by themselves

Aug 2, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:
Currently using the light green/light blue tips, getting a good seal is a huge fuss with them though. I particularly liked the double flange provided with the m31, but can't find them for sale by themselves

http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Eartips_for_R1_Earphones_p/tipset4-r1cl-mee.htm

You can only get them as a set.  You can try to ask CS for a purchasing options (to get only dual flange).  No promises though.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back