Best IEM for under $2500
Apr 13, 2024 at 1:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

cachedbrown

New Head-Fier
Hello,
After trying out multiple high end headphones I have discovered that all of them hurt my ears so I’ve turned to IEM’s for more hi-fi sound. I haven’t done much research on IEM’s at all so I’m not too sure what to look for and was hoping for some recommendations. My budget is $2500 and I like listening to rap, orchestral music, and I enjoy textured base. What would be some of the best IEM’s I could get with that budget? Ideally something not super uncomfortable as well.

Apr 13, 2024 at 4:58 AM Post #2 of 5
Apr 13, 2024 at 7:02 AM Post #3 of 5
well, in that budget there are so so many good options. I don't even know where to begin. I mean, I only have a very limited collection that i own, with an even lower budget of $1000. I recently bought the Kinera Nanna x Z tuned (nanna 2.1). I honestly think that it might tick all of your boxes, but try it before buying.

a little overview on the kinera nanna x z: fit wise, it's quite big but not uncomfortable. It has quite a lot of bass (for those thick basslines), but not too much, quite a head banger iem. The mids are with a touch of warmth, which makes it like 'whole bodied'. This area also makes male vocals quite nice. Upper mids/female vocals - really nice, voices are natural-ish. Treble, honestly, it's ok, but I'm quite sensitive above 12khz and the peak at 13khz is slightly uncomfortable. soundstage is quite wide and airy. It's imaging and precision is not bad, i wouldn't recommend for gaming.

I don't know what your playlists look like but mine is a mix of k-pop, edm, rap, modern rock, and the Kinera nanna x z the best I've heard, but then what I've heard is very limited.

It really shines when playing 'still here' by league of legends.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 10:26 AM Post #4 of 5
Hello,
After trying out multiple high end headphones I have discovered that all of them hurt my ears so I’ve turned to IEM’s for more hi-fi sound. I haven’t done much research on IEM’s at all so I’m not too sure what to look for and was hoping for some recommendations. My budget is $2500 and I like listening to rap, orchestral music, and I enjoy textured base. What would be some of the best IEM’s I could get with that budget? Ideally something not super uncomfortable as well.
The new Melodic Artification Alter Ego is, IMO, the best IEM you can buy at $2500 USD at the moment. It’s a comfortable fit and meets all your requirements.

Apr 13, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #5 of 5
Unless you have some of the largest ears on the planet, there's no way every headphone hurts your ears. Many of them won't even touch your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back