Best IEM for keeping noise IN
Feb 19, 2014 at 11:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Riboflavin

New Head-Fier
I work in a small office environment, it is generally very quiet in here and I'd like to get some IEMs that don't bother those around me. Do noise isolation IEMs work in both directions, or do they only prevent noise from going out?

Feb 20, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #4 of 7
Etymotic IEMs have some of the best isolation (both directions). You can find some in your price range here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-310-iems-compared-dunu-dn-1000-added-02-12-14-p-862

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #5 of 7
I'm after the same thing; iems that keep the music in and don't disturb other ppl since I like to listen to my music loud :)

However I'm thinking of gettin the sennheiser ie80s and from what I've read they are not good for isolation in terms of keeping outside noise out, but I'm not bothered by that since I'll be using them only in the office.

Does anyone know if they're good at keeping my music in or will they leak the sound a lot?

Any help is much appreciated!

Feb 20, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #6 of 7
I personally think that if someone can hear your IEMs and they aren't right up next to you, then you're listening too loudly.

Most IEM vents are needle-sized and the drivers themselves are millimeters in size. You're not going to get noticeable volume leaking out of that. Something like the Philips Fidelio S2 might leak more, of course. But really, you're going to be fine with most IEMs and not bothering people around you.

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #7 of 7
I personally think that if someone can hear your IEMs and they aren't right up next to you, then you're listening too loudly.

Most IEM vents are needle-sized and the drivers themselves are millimeters in size. You're not going to get noticeable volume leaking out of that. Something like the Philips Fidelio S2 might leak more, of course. But really, you're going to be fine with most IEMs and not bothering people around you.

entirely agree!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back