Best IEM for Gym with Remote, Sweatproof
Apr 17, 2014 at 1:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Single Entendre

New Head-Fier
I have searched this site and haven't found a conclusive answer. I need a great sounding rugged IEM for workout use. Price really isnt an option and I don't want to use a beater pair. Working out is VERY important to me and having a great sounding pair of IEMs makes the difference between burning 1000 and 2000 calories. I hate having to take out my phone to change songs. I don't use the mic that much, but I sweat a lot!

List of IEMs I've tried:
S4i Rugged - Great sound, but heavy...And just stopped working
NOCS NS400- Amazing sound, also stopped working
Sony XBA 1iP- Great highs, anemic bass, also stopped working
385-EP-5200 Dual - Surprisingly good, but stopped working.

I have Ortofon EQ7, UE Triplefi I use for everyday listening, and don't want to risk wearing those for workouts.

Is the Westone ADV my best bet? Any info is appreciated.

Apr 17, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #2 of 6
I use the Shure SE215 every day at the gym with no problems, and for bike rides where i'm on the bike for up to 2 hours. You would just need to buy the extra cables with the remote, but even then i find these to still be worth the cost. The bass is driving, but still tight, the mids are quite nice, but the treble is a bit recessed. 

Apr 17, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #5 of 6
  Cool thanks! Do you think the 535s would have the same durability as the 215s?

Indeed, as will the rest of the line up. My 425's are still going strong even after using them for 2 years of high school!

Apr 17, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #6 of 6
Recently bought the adv and they are amazing!! Especially for working out, don't fall out ever, and are the most comfortable pair of iem that I've had the chance to try. However, one complaint I have heard from looking at reviews is that the remote has the tendency to break down if soaked in sweat. You could just wear them outside and with the shirt clip you'll be go fine.

They're basically 215s on steroids, sound signature is very similar except they have tighter bass, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back