best IEM for comfort while sleeping?
Sep 7, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Shure SE310 (better sound) or Etymotic ER6i (disappears more easily in the ear) - the E2c/E4c/E500 not quite as good if you sleep on your side, but doable (I have done it).

I can easily sleep on my side with the e500 now, after owning iM716's for a while and trying to sleep with them
wink.gif

Sep 7, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #17 of 20
Are the q-JAYS out yet? HeadRoom apparently doesn't have them yet.

PK2s are a nice thought too, but I wonder if they isolate very much? Also, I haven't tried that many earbuds that are comfy.

Sep 8, 2007 at 8:20 AM Post #19 of 20
get some vibes(they can be found below retail price easily) the rest in ear well enought to sleep on side for some people and they aren't isolating in cause you want to hear yor alarm clock. save the rest of your money for a full size can.

Sep 8, 2007 at 10:37 AM Post #20 of 20
actually, i wouldnt recommend the vibes,

theres 2 types of universal monitors in fit ways,
perpendicular and parallel,

perpendiculars, like the ER-4, crossroads or Vibes, where the entire body of the IEM is behind the plug that goes in your ear, so it points outwards from your body, these are NOT suitable for resting on if you value your ears,

then theres the parallel, like the Audio technica CK9, the Shure SE530, the q/d-JAYS, where the nuzzle is tilted so the plug that goes in your ear and the body of the IEM can fit in your external ear cavity,

then theres costum fits, a good costum IEM will fit in a way that can be rested upon,

now, as always, ear fatigue, tinnitus, the hightened air pressure of having your ear pluged, and depending on how clean your ears are, the wax, are all good reasons to NOT fall asleep with monitors on,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back