Best HP Unamped >iPod Mini
Dec 15, 2004 at 5:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mbratrud

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, I know that this has been asked in various forms (I searched alot) but I can't even seen to narrow the field definitively.

I am going to use and iPod Mini using Apple Lossless in iTunes - I want to use this device ---WITHOUT AN AMPLIFIER----!

I suppose it would be cool if I could get something portable but I can go pretty geeky looking if I have to do so.

My benchmark is the Sony D-66 Eggo so far. I like the spacious presentation of the D-66. I have owned the MPx1000 Senns and did not care for them too much.

I have heard the Grado 225 and they are on the shortlist but are large and uncomfortable so I am hoping or something better.

Most of my headphone experience has been with the very high end stuff, my favorite combo (that I have owned) would be the R-10 / Singlepower Maestro. BUt I have not heard much in the way of partables.

I like the way the AT woody clip on looks but the review have made it seem like it really needs an amplifier or it would sound harsh....

What do you think? No budget, just comfortable and great sounding and able to be driven without an amplifier from an iPod mini.

Thanks Much!!!!!!!!

Dec 15, 2004 at 5:20 PM Post #2 of 5
Comfortable, nice-looking (?), fits well (I have small head compared to others around here, based on reading other threads), driven well out of iPod w/out an amp, excellent sound (to my taste, which is non-Grado taste) = Beyer 250-80.

Dec 15, 2004 at 5:59 PM Post #4 of 5
One of the top-of-the-line IEM's of your choice with custom earmolds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back