Best Horror novels
Aug 3, 2007 at 4:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

arnoldsoccer4

500+ Head-Fier
So I am always looking to read good horror, what do you guys recommend? I am a fan of Stephen king, and The Shining is one of my favorites by him, it did creep me out. IT was also excellent.

Aug 3, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #2 of 12
Big King fan here. Aside from the two that you've mentioned, the only other Stephen King book that has really creeped me out is Skeleton Crew. It's a collection of short stories, the longest of which is around 150 pages. "The Mist" and "The Raft" are the standout stories in that collection IMO. I can also recommend Desperation, also by Stephen King.

Aug 3, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #3 of 12
I wouldn't say it is horror per se, but 'The Stand' is one of my favourite books...long, but when it ended I wanted it to be longer. Do yourself a favour and get the unabridged version...

Aug 3, 2007 at 5:37 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't say it is horror per se, but 'The Stand' is one of my favourite books...long, but when it ended I wanted it to be longer. Do yourself a favour and get the unabridged version...

Have it
icon10.gif
Just haven't had the chance to read all of it yet.

Aug 3, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #9 of 12
H.P. Lovecraft

I recommend 'the best of h.p. lovecraft' and 'the road to madness' has some awesome stuff on there. his stuff blows me away. so tripped out and weird but at the same time creepy and utterly well written and creative.

Aug 3, 2007 at 2:49 PM Post #12 of 12
I'm a big fan of Stephen King's Dark Tower series as well as his other books that span the horror/fantasy genre (Insomnia, The Stand, The Talisman, Black House, Salem's Lot). Good reading...for me at least.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back