Best Headphones?
Oct 9, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #197 of 215
Awesome! Darn that guy who has a sealed Clip, well I found out that it's actually a Clip Zip... I see those can be Rockbox'd, are they still good?

It's buggier, and doesn't have all the RockBox features...

Oct 9, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #199 of 215
Well, the rockbox for the zip is a lot newer than for the clip+, eventually it'll probably be about the same. Rockbox is an open source project and is always getting updated but for now you are better off passing because a clip without rockbox is no fun :frowning2:

Oct 9, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #200 of 215
Well, the rockbox for the zip is a lot newer than for the clip+, eventually it'll probably be about the same. Rockbox is an open source project and is always getting updated but for now you are better off passing because a clip without rockbox is no fun :frowning2:

+1

Oct 11, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #201 of 215
Quote:

it's fun to throw and smash someones face in though.

Oct 11, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #202 of 215
Update guys. Got the Monoprice order in.

Wow... Those 8320's or whatever are INSANE. The IEM's blew me away. I ordered 2 pair, gave one to my sister. Making another order for atleast 6x more tonight. :)

I'm returning the DJ style headphones though, not bad for $26, but man the IEM's have better sound IMO for only $6!

Now tomorrow my TF10's arrive hopefully and I can see how they perform. But obviously I'll only use those on rides, etc. I'll use the 8320's for outside, working out, etc. Just in case I break/lose them, it's not like "OMG What, my $200+ IEM's broke!". :p

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #203 of 215
Quote:
Update guys. Got the Monoprice order in.

Wow... Those 8320's or whatever are INSANE. The IEM's blew me away. I ordered 2 pair, gave one to my sister. Making another order for atleast 6x more tonight. :)

I'm returning the DJ style headphones though, not bad for $26, but man the IEM's have better sound IMO for only $6!

Now tomorrow my TF10's arrive hopefully and I can see how they perform. But obviously I'll only use those on rides, etc. I'll use the 8320's for outside, working out, etc. Just in case I break/lose them, it's not like "OMG What, my $200+ IEM's broke!". :p

isn't that knid've a wasted of money lol. I'm telling you it's the in your head feel. Headphones are much more expensive to get similar performance but headphones scale higher as they go in the high-end

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #205 of 215
isn't that knid've a wasted of money lol. I'm telling you it's the in your head feel. Headphones are much more expensive to get similar performance but headphones scale higher as they go in the high-end

I think it all gets down to preferences, open, closed, and in ears all have different advantages and disadvantages. Some people don't mind losing some of the soundstage for the isolation, convinience and degree of in your face detail you can get with an iem.

I think the OP should try some other cans before spending 200 on the tf10s because full sized headphones do, in general sound more natural than iems. For 200 you can have a decent set of full sized headphones and a small amplifier. Just my .02 cents. You'll never know what's better for you until you listen!

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #206 of 215
Quote:
I think it all gets down to preferences, open, closed, and in ears all have different advantages and disadvantages. Some people don't mind losing some of the soundstage for the isolation, convinience and degree of in your face detail you can get with an iem.
I think the OP should try some other cans before spending 200 on the tf10s because full sized headphones do, in general sound more natural than iems. For 200 you can have a decent set of full sized headphones and a small amplifier. Just my .02 cents. You'll never know what's better for you until you listen!

The price ratio is performance from iems to headphones are much lower for the former than the latter. As I've stated before, my UERMS sound like they're worth more than 999$ coming from just a 4s

Oct 12, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #208 of 215
Also the 8320's sound AMAZING on my Android phone. Perfect mix of bass, mids, and highs. But then on my laptop, the same exact song (And quality), it BARELY produces ANY lows... I guess onboard sound sucks on my laptop.

And yes both are flat EQ, no bass-boost, etc.

The song is "Shot For Me", by Drake. At the beginning it produces AMAZINGLY deep beats like thunder on the 8320's with my Android. :) Blew my friends away when I said they were $7.11 :p

Oct 12, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #209 of 215
Quote:
Yup I hear you. I'm very happy. I guess azynneo didn't see I want ISOLATED headphones.. It's not all about quality here. I want great quality, while keeping my music isolated for my plane trips.

?, tf10's have pretty good ISOLATION. And when I was speaking of iems, the whole point was for ISOLATION. If were gonna play a game of CAPS here I'll CAP every single important DETAIL that was stated in the PREVIOUS statement. kkty

Oct 12, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #210 of 215
Quote:

and by the way, you should look at the previous thread pages we've talked over cans before coming to iems. but i guess not every1 does their research.

also~ it was towards him buying 6+ pairs of the same earbuds. you can't really tell sarcasm on forums if he was trying to be sarcastic.

i'm sure we've explained all about open, closed, iems before heading to the 14th page, and really explained everything you just typed -.-'

we've talked about him getting the v-modas, he wanted akgs we just told him what kinda power it needed and a few other headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back