Best Headphones?
Oct 8, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #166 of 215
Oct 8, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #168 of 215
Someone mentioned this in an earlier post: Sony NWZ-S639F

Now which Mp3 player do I get? LOL.

I mentioned the sony, that was recommended for the HF3's which you're not getting, so the clip+ is perfect! :etysmile:

Oct 8, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #170 of 215
heh so not going with iems anymore I see, well have fun with the moda's they were pretty good for their price range, but I returned mine since I wasn't a fan of on ears they felt uncomfortable as hell.

Oct 8, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #172 of 215
I hope you LOVE your setup.

Oct 8, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #173 of 215
Thanks me too... Panthers, personally what would you do? get the TF10's for $120 OR get the V-Moda M80's for $160 (IF the seller accepts)?

Remember I mainly want them for plane rides. I'm just scared the IEM's will be a freaking bug stuck off in my ear.. They are big I hear.

Oct 8, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #174 of 215
Quote:
Thanks me too... Panthers, personally what would you do? get the TF10's for $120 OR get the V-Moda M80's for $160 (IF the seller accepts)?

Remember I mainly want them for plane rides. I'm just scared the IEM's will be a freaking bug stuck off in my ear.. They are big I hear.

what you have to think about is, do you want a more in your head feel (i love this feel), or do you want something that's on your ear and WILL lose some detail for it not being close in your ear.

IEMS tend to make the sound more clear, and everything just seems like you feel it. Headphones on the otherhand provide a wider soundstage - though I don't feel this way for on ears only for over-ears.

Also, it depends on what earpieces you use. Foam tips tend to sometimes get stuck in your ears, cones (my favorite) produce better clarity and bass but lacks some isolation. Cones depending on the size can be -10db to -15db foams go up to about -19 / -20

Oct 8, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #178 of 215
Quote:
....You can get great clarity from full sized headphones too.... Imo it really depends more on which headphones / IEMs you are talking about.....

Stick a pair of IEMS in and compare it to full sized headphones and tell me which one is MORE clear. You can obviously hear more from an IEM with less volume . Maybe clear was the wrong "definition" but it gets to your head quicker, and with a good fit it does sound MORE clear. Compare iems and headphones in the same price range, what do you get more precise sound out of?

Oct 8, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #179 of 215
Well I bought the TF10's for $120, couldn't pass the deal up. When I get the Monoprice order, I'm sending back the DJ style headphones, and 1 pair of the IEM's. I'll keep a pair of their IEM's just for mowing, etc, when I dont really wanna worry about getting my TF10's dirty ya know. Man I hope they impress me.

Oct 8, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #180 of 215
There is no hard and fast rule on IEMs vs. on ear vs. over ear vs. anything else. Plenty of top performers in all categories are of each type. You may be confusing the ability to isolate, and thus have a clearer canvas on which details can emerge, with actual detail retrieval, which any kind of headphone/IEM/etc. can be capable or incapable of.

Quote:
Stick a pair of IEMS in and compare it to full sized headphones and tell me which one is MORE clear. You can obviously hear more from an IEM with less volume . Maybe clear was the wrong "definition" but it gets to your head quicker, and with a good fit it does sound MORE clear. Compare iems and headphones in the same price range, what do you get more precise sound out of?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back