Best headphones under 200$ that have good deep bass and great mids and highs
Sep 6, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #16 of 27
I don't find the HP150 to be heavy. My ears don't get hotter with the HP150 than other headphones I've used, but I will note that the distance from your ears to the drivers are small and your ears may touch the foam covering when you wear them (which I guess could make them hot with long sessions). On the other hand, the DT770 has a stronger clamping force from what I've read, but both headphones are rated as comfortable. I wouldn't worry too much about the HP150 cable since it's detachable and a simple well-built extension cable should be cheap. Some of the extension cables on Amazon even have narrow enough tips to bypass the locking mechanism and plug directly into the headphone if you don't want to extend the cable that comes with it.

I haven't heard the DT770 Pro 80 Ohm, from what I know it will have noticeably emphasized mid-bass and more recessed mids than the HP150. I can't say how the highs compare, as most of the complaints about the DT770 seem at least partially alleviated by a very long burn in period. The DT770 will also benefit more from amping than the HP150. I would think the HP150 is overall a bit more neutral than the DT770. I've also seen two cases of someone owning the HP100 and DT770, one preferred the HP100 and the other preferred the DT770. The HP150 is much more basshead-friendly to my ears than the HP100, but that also depends on if you like mid-bass or sub-bass more. I'd only pick the HP150 if you favor sub-bass over mid-bass emphasis.

Sep 7, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #17 of 27
Well i will buy an amp 100% even if the pair i get wont need it that much. And a stronger clamping force might be good to me since im used to headphones that have a really strong clamping force (audio technica m series). And i also had a pair of headphones that had zero clamping force and i hated them...they couldnt stay on my ears...ill think about the hp150 and read some reviews myself. Thanks for all the help

Sep 7, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #18 of 27
Glad you found the info helpful, best of luck on your search

Sep 7, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #19 of 27
Well i will buy an amp 100% even if the pair i get wont need it that much. And a stronger clamping force might be good to me since im used to headphones that have a really strong clamping force (audio technica m series). And i also had a pair of headphones that had zero clamping force and i hated them...they couldnt stay on my ears...ill think about the hp150 and read some reviews myself. Thanks for all the help

Dont go for ATHM50x. You wont like it for the purpose you want it. I have it, and I prefer my much cheaper Takstars, or even the JVC HA-SZ1000s. EMU Teaks are my endgame inventory.

Check soundmagic. Really check em. And yes, 770s must be nice.

Sep 7, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #20 of 27
If you can find the Takstar pro 80 or hsr 1000 (same thing but rebranded) that will also be a good choice if you can find it in the $70 range

Sep 8, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #21 of 27
I know m50x wouldnt be for me since i also tried them and didnt like them.

I would have to risk with sound magic since i can get like dt770 from my country with free shipping but sound magic i can only buy on amazon and if i wont like them i will lose like 30€ on shipping while dt770 i could just sent back free

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #22 of 27
Guys thanks for all the help i really appriciate it. I decided to buy the dt990 pro (old ones) for only 120 euros since they are on sale. So thanks again for all the help and i hope i will be happy with them (even if not they are a big upgrade from m20x)

Sep 8, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #23 of 27
  Guys thanks for all the help i really appriciate it. I decided to buy the dt990 pro (old ones) for only 120 euros since they are on sale. So thanks again for all the help and i hope i will be happy with them (even if not they are a big upgrade from m20x)

If you didn't know, the DT990 is open back, not closed back like most headphones mentioned in this thread so far. It is also very V-shaped, meaning mids will be very recessed. Many people also think the treble is very spiky, and an amp is recommended to power them. As long as you're OK with these things, sounds like you got a decent deal on them.

Sep 9, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #25 of 27
I know they are open back and i dont mind that. And if i wont like them i can return them and get all the money back...and also dt880 are 80€ more expensive and dt 770 are like 60€ more expensive

Sep 13, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #27 of 27
So i recieved the dt 990 pro today. Must say im sattisfied with them. They get pretty loud, powered only by my phone or laptop wich i didnt expect. I won't say anything about the sound since i've heard they need a little burn-in till they sound as they are supposed. But overall they are awesoome and i wont even need to buy an amp (right now, probably will buy one later one).

So thanks everyone for helping me even tho i kinda came on the dt990 choice myself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back