Best headphones (preferably closed back) for gaming and music around AU$200/US$150
Dec 29, 2018 at 3:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

cpolak

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I’m currently in the market to buy a pair of headphones for gaming, as my current ones have become quite worn out. I’ve read that it is generally a better idea to buy a separate set of studio headphones and a microphone for the best possible sound quality and microphone performance respectively, so that is what I have decided to do now.

I will be using the headphones for both gaming and listening to music, mainly classic rock, with musicians and bands such as Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Eric Clapton, Rolling Stones, Santana and Queen, as well as many others in the 70s and 80s time period. I may want to use these headphones whilst commuting, so a closed back pair may be preferable.

My budget for the headphones themselves will be approximately AU$200/US$150.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! :)

Dec 29, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #2 of 6
Audio Technica ATH-ESW9, buy used off eBay.
Get a Modmic.

Dec 29, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #4 of 6
Yeah, you may want to consider some Audio Technica Models.
A900x, A990z
At one time the ATH-A900X was my preferred headphone for use at my computer :)
I would assume the ATH-A990Z would be even better.
But i think they might be too big for use as portables.

Dec 30, 2018 at 12:08 AM Post #6 of 6
At one time the ATH-A900X was my preferred headphone for use at my computer :)
I would assume the ATH-A990Z would be even better.
But i think they might be too big for use as portables.

Yeah actually they will be too big for portable use. Missed reading the part where the op said they were looking for a portable pair lol, sorry.
For a closed back portable I used the Amperior from Sennheiser before and thought they were fun

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back