Best Headphones for Under $100
Apr 22, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #16 of 23
Solid sound quality and balance. Built like a tank..Can be used for DJ use.. Clear sound with solid bass great extension into sub bass. It is exactly what the OP wants..

To be honest I like these much better than my M50s. Better Sq imo..Better sound staging. Crystal clear highs but not artificial like the M50s. .Sparkly. Full on engaging mids. Detailed and full on bass slam when the track calls for it.

Another one I can recommend is the WS55. Solid bass headphones for around $80.. These have the better bass response with proper balance.  Both these are better than the M50.  Hmm for Hip hop I would get a WS55 come to think of it. The Denons are great at hip hop too but is a bit harder to drive than these WS55s. The WS55 does have the bigger bass punch and even more authority in the sub bass over the Denons.

Apr 22, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #17 of 23
I kinda like the denon ah-d1100 I mean they're just thinner and a bit more classy, I would like to have those 700s at home or maybe even those panasonics but I'm mainly looking for something to where at school. Just something a bit more casual.

Apr 22, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #19 of 23
WS55.. Solid bass.  You can read my review on them on front of this thread.  There are 2 others you can read about on this thread as well. I recommend the WS55 as they are portable cans. Awesome sound from smaller cans. http://www.head-fi.org/t/567012/the-portable-bass-kings-the-pioneer-hdj500-vs-akg-518-le-vs-the-first-look-at-the-new-at-ws55-solid-bass/300#post_8299057

Apr 29, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #23 of 23
So I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy the ws55 audio technicas but I was curious what you guys thought about any of sony's headphones? Could any of them compare to these ws55?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back