Best Headphones for Under $100
Apr 22, 2012 at 7:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

KKees

New Head-Fier
I mainly listen to hip-hop but I like all kinds of music I am currently using BoomPhones and as far as sound quality they just didn't do it for me and I would like a something a little smaller, just something that doesn't protrude so much. I paid $112 for shipping and everything but I doubt I'll be able to resell them to someone for that much probably looking more around $80 bucks I don't know. They're really rare though so I really don't know. Help me out, thanks. 

Apr 22, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #2 of 23
Audio technica m50?
Good bass, highly recommended by many head-fiers for hip-hop and rap music.

Apr 22, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #5 of 23
Sony xb500. If you can't stand the veiled mids and highs. (I can live with it, I only listen to these when I want PURE RUMBLE) If you want more treble and midrange, type in the search bar Sony xb500 eq. This will give you a great all around can with punch.

I can also recommend the panasonic rp htf600 headphones. If you don't believe what this $30 phone can do, type in the search bar: Panasonic rp htf600, more fun than the hd650s? This mongo thread will have you a believer of this can in no time.

I personally listen to the panasonic a ton more because I love hip hop and i'm more affiliated with the lyrical aspect of it. The xb500 are a better can if you do some serious eqing but the pannys beat the XBs stock with clean bass and great mids and highs. Hope this helps.

Silent.

Apr 22, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #7 of 23
^those sound pretty good, but the grados are much more suited for rock. I personally hate hip hop with grados, but with rock they are a match made in heaven. How bout you research the described cans around the web (use the search bar) and post back with further questions.

Apr 22, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #8 of 23

Quote:
^those sound pretty good, but the grados are much more suited for rock. I personally hate hip hop with grados, but with rock they are a match made in heaven. How bout you research the described cans around the web (use the search bar) and post back with further questions.

I would imagine with synths and what not in hip-hop and they're open back which sucks for sound leakage especially sense I will mostly be using these in school.. however in a few years for the price I'd still like to buy a pair.

Apr 22, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #10 of 23
Just as a note. I love bass and all but I'd rather have a decent bass with good mids and highs than a really strong bass like beats but not as good with everything else.

Apr 22, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #11 of 23
Haven't heard of these, thanks for pointing them out dsnuts! Might have to buy in the near future, I hope these cans come with a more fun than hd650 thread!
wink_face.gif

Apr 22, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #13 of 23
Not too many guys know about these Denon cans. You guys can look up the thread here.   http://www.head-fi.org/t/541654/denon-dn-hp700-review-and-comparison-to-the-ah-d7000/45

These are better than the M50 in every way imo and cheaper.. These sound great for less than a $100. Worth your cash.

Ya those crazy HTF600 aren't too shabby either..

Apr 22, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #15 of 23

Quote:
Not too many guys know about these Denon cans. You guys can look up the thread here.   http://www.head-fi.org/t/541654/denon-dn-hp700-review-and-comparison-to-the-ah-d7000/45

These are better than the M50 in every way imo and cheaper.. These sound great for less than a $100. Worth your cash.

Ya those crazy HTF600 aren't too shabby either..

hah I was thinking they look a lot like the m50s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back