Best Headphones for sansa clip+ w/ fiio e6?
Jul 5, 2012 at 5:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

cubalibre

New Head-Fier
Could a caring soul be kind enough to give me good advice on some cansto use with this rig. I commute a lot and use cans at home, but only got cheap stuff atm. Willing to spend up to $230. Thanks in advance.

Jul 6, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #2 of 5
I have the Clip+ and Fiio E6. The E6 does a good job with the Clip+ and my old Sennheiser 150 ohm headphones, however with my old Sennheiser 300 ohm headphones this combination doesn't work so well. I guess most headphones 150 ohms or less would work decently with this combination. I guess some would advise the Sennheiser HD25-1mk2 since it is compact and isolates very well. I personally would use a good isolating IEM instead for commuting,something like a an Etymotic HF5 or mc5.

Jul 6, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #3 of 5
Forgot to mention, I use them all day, in the computer throughout the day, in the evening as well as I am doing house chores and such and prefer closed-type as not to wake the baby up, also in the weekend while fishing. Prefered a full-set as earbuds/in-ear get disconfortable in long hours use, but versatile enough to provide a certain degree of portability.

I listen to mostly metal, hard rock, prog rock so I need extended mids & clear treble primarily, bass should be there but not overbearing. Thanks.

I was thinking of the Beyerdynamic DT770 but they seem to lack mid range (in reviews) and also don't know whether to go for 250 ohm or 80 ohm.

Jul 6, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #4 of 5
I find headphones that isolate well are less comfortable than IEMs as they make my ears overheat. The clamping pressure of headphones that isolate well can also be uncomfortable. The DT770 80 ohms might be a decent comfortable choice. Based on my experience with the Clip+ and my old Sennheiser 300 ohm headphones, I think using headphones over 150 ohms with the Clip+ and Fiio E6 may be really pushing it, and you might end up with impaired sound quality or not enough volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back