Best headphones for portable use? No amps, no iems
Jan 10, 2014 at 1:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

squirrelboy1210

Head-Fier
Hey there head-fiers! What headphone do you guys think is THE best for portable use? The only restrictions on recommendations are they MUST not be iems, and the MUST be drivable from a portable source(iphone 4s), no amping involved. Obviously iems lack soundstage, texture, and overall naturalness, and i don't want to have to go throught the hassle of updating my music library to lostless files! Just please keep your recommendations on the lines of the 2 regulations i mentioned! Thx :)

Jan 10, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #2 of 5
Not sure if you know about the Bowers & Wilkins P7, but they're pretty hot as portable headphones. A bit on the high-end in terms of price at $400, but the build and sound quality are supposedly great.

Edit: duh, your profile picture shows a P5. I guess you should know about them already.

Jan 10, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #4 of 5
I'm guessing fostex th900 needs an amp right? I CAN save up for the money (though it'll take a while) but if they need extra juice they're out. That 25ohm impedence does seem nice though. I'm hoping to keep the price under 400 if possible, but i can save up i guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back