Best headphones for Pink Floyd under $350 (outside US). PLEASE READ BEFORE VOTING.
Jun 8, 2008 at 12:43 PM Post #46 of 60
Thanks for the input.

There is no specific reason why Audio-Technica is not in this poll. I just didn't know what AT headphones to include. However, there is the "other" option. Some suggestions on AT would be nice.

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #48 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude, I went to my first Pink Floyd concert in Annaheim

My first as well. Awesome show. Good times. WYWH/Animals with DS for encore will be the tour for me. Seen them on the Wall, Delicate Sounds and Pulse tours but the 77 tour was magical.

Another fan of Grado.

Jun 10, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #49 of 60
I looove PF, and my fav can for em would be hfi-780s, followed closely by sr-225s. Both have the right amount of detail and are up-front enough for me. I really need to hear the guitars very closely for PF, and the sennheisers I've tried, 595s extensively, 650s briefly, while sounding very good, just didnt have the edge I like. The bass of ultrasones put them a small notch above 225s in my book.

Jun 11, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #52 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My first as well. Awesome show. Good times. WYWH/Animals with DS for encore will be the tour for me. Seen them on the Wall, Delicate Sounds and Pulse tours but the 77 tour was magical.

We had to have been there the same night as they only played there one night. Believe it or not I am working with a guy in Arkansas that was at the same concert. We were both in the Marines at the same time (I was at Camp Pendelton and he was at El Toro Air Station) but had never met until I started working here about 15 years ago. Small world

Jun 12, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #53 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're willing to sell me a pair of these for $350, why not? Otherwise this is a waste of your energy and a couple of bytes that could be used in a much better way.

To ingwe: There was something wrong with my browser when I wrote this. I didn't see the picture in your post, nor any sign that there should be one, and therefore I thought that you were talking about about the headphones in your avatar. Sorry for not a very nice response from me.

Jun 13, 2008 at 1:57 AM Post #54 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To ingwe: There was something wrong with my browser when I wrote this. I didn't see the picture in your post, nor any sign that there should be one, and therefore I thought that you were talking about about the headphones in your avatar. Sorry for not a very nice response from me.

As I PM'ed you: no worries.
smily_headphones1.gif

I think that's an old picture of PF in the studio--don't know for sure. It was the result of an impromptu Google search inspired by this thread.
smily_headphones1.gif
I wish I knew what headphones those were though.

-m

Jun 13, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #55 of 60
I have some semi vintage RS-1's and some relatively new HD600's

I have just listened to the Wall with both and believe me the RS-1's blow the HD600's into the weeds

The detail and resolution of the RS-1's are of particular note on Cymbals, guitar and vocals

I know The Rs-1's are outside budget but you should be able a lot of that sound second hand down the Grado range

Jun 13, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #57 of 60
I'm really tempted to get the Grados(/Alessandros) now. Since buying a good amp won't be an urgent & important issue with these - at least not as much as with Senns for example - I think I can stretch my budget a bit (or rather "a bit") to get some used RS 1/2s. Thanks for the input, you've all been very helpful throughout this thread, especially when when it comes to convincing me that I should spend more money.

Jun 15, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #59 of 60
My favorite Pink Floyd moments have been with Stax. But being out of your budget, I'd look at the Ultrasones. When Mrs Kojebee doesn't want to hear the sound, and when I don't want to listen to the TV, Ultrasone HFI 700 bring a smile to my face whilst listening to the Floyd. I've listened to Grado, Audio Technica, Alessandro, AKG models with Floyd, and Grado SR325 aren't to be written off.

Jun 15, 2008 at 10:02 AM Post #60 of 60
Since I've stretched my budget already to used RS 1/2s, I think I could manage to spend $600-700 on headphones with an amp already. At least I understand that the entry level system costs this much (or little for some of you). Is there any US internet store that offers worldwide shipping for Stax? How would the entry level Stax compare in terms of SQ to HD600/650/K 701/RS 1/2/etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back