Best Headphones for Lain Beats: Salsa, Merengue, Bachata, Latin Jazz, Reggaeton... etc
Oct 10, 2012 at 9:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

fvaldes

New Head-Fier
[size=small] I am leaning towards Audio Technica ATH-M50 or V-Moda M80/M100. However, I am wondering if anybody has had a better experience with this specific type of music.[/size]

[size=small]
  1. Music: Salsa, Bachata, Merengue, Reggaeton, Latin Jazz.. etc.
  2. Budget: Up to $250 (Maybe more if really worth it)
  3. Type: Closed.
  4. Special Requests: Comfortable, as I'll probably wear them 8-12 hours a day.
  5. Use: To be used mainly with a 2010 Macbook Pro and in an open-office environment (so sound leaking is not desired).

[/size] [size=small] Many thanks for any insight![/size]

Dec 23, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #2 of 6
I own the ath-m50 but I don't like them much but I have been addicted to Juan Luis Guerra on my grado sr80i(not closed) but give me a chance to dig them up. I have a feeling that that they will sound very good because the path m50 does most things well it's just they don't mesh with me but the Sennheiser momentum sound just fantastic and worth every penny, it does voices so well and really brings out the nuance and strength of Marc Anthony's voice. I prefer open headphones or iems but the momentums are the best closed portable cans I've heard. My experience with closed cans are sennheiser HD 428, ath-m50 and sennheiser px200 ans the momentum. I only like the momwntuma out of that bunch. Again voices are outstanding and I love the midrange with a small low end push.

Dec 24, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #3 of 6
I was about to recommend the akg k601's but then u said they need to be closed and also straight from mac no amp, barring that tho they're excellent for merengue and bachata especially

I was listening to monchy y alexandra just this morning with them, omega and el sujeto sound great on them as well

They'd probably suck for reggaeton tho, anyway if they need to be closed I'd look into the monoprice 8323's, they're pretty good with some of those genre's, they sound like more forward m50's I've heard

They're cheap too and don't require amping to sound good either

Dec 24, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
[size=small] I am leaning towards Audio Technica ATH-M50 or V-Moda M80/M100. However, I am wondering if anybody has had a better experience with this specific type of music.[/size]

[size=small]
  1. Music: Salsa, Bachata, Merengue, Reggaeton, Latin Jazz.. etc.
  2. Budget: Up to $250 (Maybe more if really worth it)
  3. Type: Closed.
  4. Special Requests: Comfortable, as I'll probably wear them 8-12 hours a day.
  5. Use: To be used mainly with a 2010 Macbook Pro and in an open-office environment (so sound leaking is not desired).

[/size] [size=small] Many thanks for any insight![/size]

I was going to recommend Grados but they're not closed.  My go-to closed is BeyerDynamic DT-660.  Great isolation, sparkly for percussion, very comfy and even more efficient than Grados.

Good luck. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back