Best Headphones for Gaming?
Feb 7, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #16 of 20
Lmao.

'Check out my new Razer Barracuda gaming headset + soundcard. It set me back 300 bucks.'

'Yeah? Check out my Sennheiser Orpheus HE90 + amp combo, cost me 20,000 dollars'

Feb 7, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PROline750 should be awesome.

I found the 750's to have good bass, but the soundstage was most definitely narrower compared to the AT's and the K701's. Although my time with them was limited to a week, so YMMV.

Feb 7, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A900LTD it´s closed too?

So I know if I am comparing the creme de la creme closed headphone for soundstage with the 750s S-Logic
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah the LTD's are closed. In terms of the creme de la creme of the closed lineup there's a bunch of good ones out there, but as far as the best overall and with an emphasis in gaming, from what I've read, the consensus seems to be the Sony CD3K.

Feb 8, 2007 at 3:43 PM Post #19 of 20
A while back I did some testing of headphones for gaming use for myself and decided to go with Etymotic ER-4P's.

I was a tournament Delta Force player at the time and clean sound was obviously an improvement.

I'm in the industry (I wrote the Official Sound Blaster Book series) so I had my choice of any headphones out there (my closet is pretty full) and tended to use Sennheiser HD600's, 497's or some Sony MDR-V600's that I'd taking a liking to.

I tried about 30 different headphones (some provided by the great folks over at Headroom) and couldn't ignore the benefits I got from the earphones. Their biggest benefits are unbeatable isolation and a flatter response.

In games that can be critical. You don't really want colored audio and most of the higher-end headphones give you that because they're designed mainly with music in mind. I also tried the DT-770's. They were pretty good for games but I still found the earphones better.

I liked the earphones enough that I contacted ER about their benefits in gaming and am now helping them understand the gaming market and its specific needs. We even embarked on a year+ research study of the topic and the data we collected was pretty interesting. We'll be discussing it at the Game Developer's Conference in March if anyone is going to be in San Francisco then (March 6-9).

Feb 8, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by brn80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah the LTD's are closed. In terms of the creme de la creme of the closed lineup there's a bunch of good ones out there, but as far as the best overall and with an emphasis in gaming, from what I've read, the consensus seems to be the Sony CD3K.

Isn´t that a discontinued 1000$ headphone? Those don´t count you know. You must be able to ge them for less then 300 buck at least
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back