Best headphones for bass lover?
Feb 11, 2017 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

CbmGraphics

New Head-Fier
So, i currently own a pair of Sony XB950's and although they're amazing, I want something even better. I'm not a full blown audiophile, so I dont know what's the best and whats terrible. Something i love about these sonys is that the size of the driver and the super low frequency range (Down to 3hz, useless i know, but super low nonetheless) creates super nice, clear, and strong bass to the point where it vibrates the headphones quite a bit. I was something with that kind of power, if not more. Planning on investing in a high quality soundcard because frankly the integrated one I have now is ****, and I want a new nice pair of headphone to go with the sound card. (I was looking at the Asus Essence STX I/II, if that's not a good decision let me know what you'd recommend) but anyways, i'm looking for a pair of headphones that like i said were powerful, has deep powerful bass, and just in general a wide frequency range. Trying to keep it below $250, i know that's limiting but I know there's good headphones out there for that price. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!  

Feb 11, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #2 of 19
http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-hardest-hitting-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club

Feb 12, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #10 of 19
  you can get schiit magni 2, i have one, it is very powerful and is like 100 bucks

The Magni 2 looks more perferable for what I want. Was looking for a desktop amp but with the little looking around I did, I couldn't fine anything that wasn't crazy expensive. I ended up looking at portable amps just because they were in the price range I wanted, but the Magni 2 definitely looks nice. My only question is, it says its frequency response is 20Hz-20Khz, yet the SZ2000's range is wider than that. What im curious about is, what would the amp do if I went lower than 20Hz?

Feb 12, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #11 of 19
Also, the integrated sound card I have now is a " 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1150 Audio Codec), Supports Purity Sound™ 3 & DTS Connect". From what I understand, a DAC is sort of like a standalone / external sound card to some extent? Instead of getting a nice sound card for my motheboard, could I just get a desktop DAC/Amp? (I dont know much about the quality of the soundcard on board, so another question would be, do I even need to get a better one or is that fine?)

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #12 of 19
you can get magni 2 amp and modi 2 dac 200 dollars total, zs2000 will go lower than 20 hz, you just need to use eq to raise the sub bass and with the amp and dac you will be ready to go in bass heaven

Feb 13, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #15 of 19
P7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back