Best Headphones for a iem guy with glasses Shure SRH840 vs Beyerdynamic
Jan 28, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #46 of 61
I have the SRH840's and they do not have a very tight clamping force, so it might be okey for you wearing glasses, also try out Audio Technica closed headphones with the 3d wing design, they self adjust and would fit most situtations..

good luck

Jan 28, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #47 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by enemigo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The DT770 should be worse than the DT660 I assume

Why?
From what I have read, the DT660 are not comfortable due to their earpads.
The DT770 2005 consumer edition have better (wider, softer) earpads, and don't clamp much.
Still they have an outstanding isolation.
But you have to like their treble oriented sound....

Jan 28, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #48 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonhapimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Denons are not closed off enough, and the senn HD25 isn't sound i'm looking for which i want really good sounding ones that will last me/satisfy me for at least a year or so

Perhaps thin glasses are not the way to go... Wide frame glasses, especially if the part going over your ears is wide/high, will distribute the pressure over a larger area. That would be the case for me at least.

Or how about slightly butchering a pair of glasses and somehow cleverly attach them to wichever headphone you chose? A litte DIY-ing
smily_headphones1.gif

K

Jan 28, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #49 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why?
The DT770 2005 consumer edition have better (wider, softer) earpads, and don't clamp much.

I've tried DT660 and DT770 Pro 80 ohm, both less than a year old. I found the DT770 to clamp harder. Ofcourse it might just be a case of different owner head sizes
confused_face(1).gif

Jan 28, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #50 of 61
Quote:

I've tried DT660 and DT770 Pro 80 ohm, both less than a year old. I found the DT770 to clamp harder. Ofcourse it might just be a case of different owner head sizes
confused_face(1).gif

No, it's because the DT770 2005 consumer edition is an entire different headphone than the DT770 Pro's.

Jan 28, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #51 of 61
Quote:

No, it's because the DT770 2005 consumer edition is an entire different headphone than the DT770 Pro's.

Ahh, okay. Reading through the first pages more carefully this time, I see you've already adressed the differences between Consumer ed. and Pro. I some times forget about all the different versions, should have written Pro 80 right away
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #52 of 61
The ath a 700 cost more where you aare? only 114 in us via amazon.I prefer the open, but you need closed, but the comfort is the same, unless your noggin is small nothing competes with the at wing system. They are one of the few cans you EASILY forget you have on, at least for me, and FWIR legions of others.

Jan 28, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #53 of 61
Quote:

Why?

How can you tell the difference when shopping for them? are they the 250 ohm version

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmkarthi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the SRH840's and they do not have a very tight clamping force, so it might be okey for you wearing glasses, also try out Audio Technica closed headphones with the 3d wing design, they self adjust and would fit most situtations..

good luck

What type of glasses do you have thin or wide?

Quote:

Originally Posted by the search never ends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ath a 700 cost more where you aare? only 114 in us via amazon.I prefer the open, but you need closed, but the comfort is the same, unless your noggin is small nothing competes with the at wing system. They are one of the few cans you EASILY forget you have on, at least for me, and FWIR legions of others.

They don't have the sound i want at the price range i'm willing to go too.

Jan 29, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #55 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depends.

If you're going to amp it, the Shure SRH840 is worth considering.
But considering you want portability as well, I'd go for an Ultrasone PRO 750.

Ultrasone PRO-750 Foldable DJ Studio Headphones PRO750 - eBay (item 270482826126 end time Feb-07-10 13:08:01 PST)

The SRH840 probably have better mids when amped while the PRO 750 probably have better bass.

I'm not really trying to go portable
has anybody owned both the beyers and Shures? if so
any input

Jan 29, 2010 at 10:26 AM Post #56 of 61
Quote:

The Denons are not closed off enough, and the senn HD25 isn't sound i'm looking for which i want really good sounding ones that will last me/satisfy me for at least a year or so

Today I've tried the supra aural AKG K518DJ, I definitely prefer them to the Senn HD25 SPII, by far. You could consider looking into AKG supra aurals, if you can live with the clamping. You need to tilt your glasses quite a bit forward so the rods don't get trapped behind your ear flips, don't know if that will work for you...

K

Jan 30, 2010 at 4:46 AM Post #58 of 61
Quote:

Today I've tried the supra aural AKG K518DJ, I definitely prefer them to the Senn HD25 SPII, by far. You could consider looking into AKG supra aurals, if you can live with the clamping. You need to tilt your glasses quite a bit forward so the rods don't get trapped behind your ear flips, don't know if that will work for you...

K

Lol sounds complicated

Jan 31, 2010 at 5:41 AM Post #59 of 61
Quote:

I'm not really trying to go portable
has anybody owned both the beyers and Shures? if so
any input

I own DT770-80 ohm and SRH840 and definitely prefer the sound of the SRH840s. The DT770s have strong bass, but fall off in the mids whereas the 840s also have powerful bass but also do mids well, making drums, contrabass, etc. sound more realistic. And guitars and voices are more up front with the SRH840s. The highs on the DT770s can be piercing sometimes.

However the DT770s hardly clamp and are more comfortable with glasses. I have thick-sided glasses by the way, which might work better with closed headphones.

Jan 31, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #60 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by eucariote /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I own DT770-80 ohm and SRH840 and definitely prefer the sound of the SRH840s. The DT770s have strong bass, but fall off in the mids whereas the 840s also have powerful bass but also do mids well, making drums, contrabass, etc. sound more realistic. And guitars and voices are more up front with the SRH840s. The highs on the DT770s can be piercing sometimes.

However the DT770s hardly clamp and are more comfortable with glasses. I have thick-sided glasses by the way, which might work better with closed headphones.

thx for your input

Users who are viewing this thread

Back