Best headphones for ~$90
Dec 2, 2009 at 10:15 AM Post #16 of 44
lol, maybe the dbi Pro700 will be even better for $40.
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #18 of 44
I like the Senns but the cord is 10 feet which is too long for me, I know someone who has the 555s and the cord is gigantic. I looked at the grados, but they look a little too old fashioned and read the headband is too uncomfortable. What about the ES7s? Are they any good? Are they as good as the AD700s?

Dec 3, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #19 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by TF2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the Senns but the cord is 10 feet which is too long for me, I know someone who has the 555s and the cord is gigantic. I looked at the grados, but they look a little too old fashioned and read the headband is too uncomfortable. What about the ES7s? Are they any good? Are they as good as the AD700s?

The ES7s are far less comfortable than grados. Looks like you're searching for something portable so I'll throw a second vote for the Denon Ah-D1001k/Creative Aurvana Live! (same drivers).

Dec 3, 2009 at 10:16 AM Post #20 of 44
The DBI Pro 700 are a steal for $40 off eBay. Don't know whether you'll like their sound sig, though, since you like Senns.

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #23 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely Audio Technica ATH-M50- get them off of ebay for around $90. Great headphones!

Those are really nice but I can't order off of ebay. I am receiving them as a gift and the person buying them hasn't had good luck with ebay...also the person a few posts above you with the $40 ones (can't brand or model name) the same situation applies. I'm pretty much limited to safe sites such as amazon and newegg. I mainly like Audio Technica's. I like the Sennheisers but can't deal with a 10 foot cord. The grados look okay...I read they're uncomfortable but someone said they are better than the Es7s in comfort. I'm undecided still...
frown.gif

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #24 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ES7s are far less comfortable than grados. Looks like you're searching for something portable so I'll throw a second vote for the Denon Ah-D1001k/Creative Aurvana Live! (same drivers).

Those denon's look pretty shnazzy...

Dec 16, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #28 of 44
I just had a head-to-head listening session with them both (the SR-60i vs the M50) a couple of days ago, and though I loved the SR-60i and think they'd be a good choice for almost anyone, I would give the nod to the M50. The M50 has just as much detail, better bass, and is a little bit smoother. I also prefer the comfort of the M50. I have sr80i's and love them, but my next headphones are planned to be the M50 (to complement rather than replace the Grado's!). Paying retail price, if I were you, I'd go Grado, paying current street prices, Audio Technica. You won't be disappointed either way.

Dec 17, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #30 of 44
ATH-AD700 will suit all your needs =]
Or M50 for closed, I guess.
Or SR80i, used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back