Best headphones based purely on looks?
Apr 15, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #16 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by paaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ATH has the most good looking headphones... almost the same but more true.

One headphone that just screams "I sound GOOD" is the Stax O2. Color is not that important, but preferably black.
Other Staxes say the same thing, just less loud.

--
and this topic really is a worthless clone without at least one picture.
STXSR007B-Large.jpg

I feel like it's saying obsolete :X I'm sure it sounds great, but that design makes it look like the manufacturing process hasn't been updated in 30 years. The bad kind of 30 years. Of course, what looks good to each person is a matter of personal experiences and familiarity ^^

The k701 I think are a popular choice for aesthetic because even someone not familiar with headphones is going to know they are special. They are just so bizarre looking that they attract attention, though to be honest I think they appear inefficient regardless.

I think only a good looking person can make headphones look good, but that bad looking headphones can make a good looking person look ugly. Eg: ibuds will always make me think a person is either:too cheap to buy proper earphones or b:too stupid to know that they're paying a lot of money to replace poor earphones. Likewise, if I see an ugly person with some fancy expensive IEMs, I think 'gosh, suddenly I don't think those look so cool anymore.'

Maybe I'm just really judgmental!
frown.gif

Apr 16, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #17 of 54
Apr 16, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #21 of 54
In my book, best design and best fashion accessory are also different. Objects of design can stand alone, on a display stand, fashion accessories have to look good on my head and match my clothes.

Exhibit A - W1000X. Looks great on the stand, but waay too big for outdoor use.
Exhibit B - triple.fi 10pro. These little blue antennae look pretty sleek alone but look wierd (or at least cheap) when you're out, even if I try to match my clothes with blue. I wear them outside anyways XD
Exhibit C - PX100 (first version, now PX80 right?). Fairly boring when folded up, rather nice when worn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The k701 I think are a popular choice for aesthetic because even someone not familiar with headphones is going to know they are special. They are just so bizarre looking that they attract attention, though to be honest I think they appear inefficient regardless.

I think only a good looking person can make headphones look good, but that bad looking headphones can make a good looking person look ugly. Eg: ibuds will always make me think a person is either:too cheap to buy proper earphones or b:too stupid to know that they're paying a lot of money to replace poor earphones. Likewise, if I see an ugly person with some fancy expensive IEMs, I think 'gosh, suddenly I don't think those look so cool anymore.'

Maybe I'm just really judgmental!
frown.gif

You are. How can something look inefficient? Bulky, clumsy, unbalanced maybe, but inefficient? That's a personality trait. I don't judge people by what they wear, I judge their fashion sense. People I judge by actions and thoughts, fashion I judge by aesthetics. Sure, a person's belongings tell me something them, but it's a prima facie impression, not conclusive.

Apr 16, 2010 at 7:04 AM Post #23 of 54
AT woodies for me.
liked the w5000 a lot but after seeing the w1000x, I would have to say the w1000xs look gorgeous...

Apr 16, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #26 of 54
Audio Technica full-sizes except AD700 and lower and O2.

Apr 16, 2010 at 9:29 AM Post #28 of 54
Yep W1000X sure is a beauty... D7000 is classy too.

I really like the look of the SA5K and Qualia though... very high tech looking.

DX 700 is another great one too. I think it looks better than the DX 1000

Apr 16, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #30 of 54
The B&W P5

Untitled-1_86_.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back