Best headphone with good Bass ~$300-350 (for EDM/DN'B music) ?
Jun 3, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #17 of 55
2 questions about the 1More :
1) Which version is best, the Silver with the graphene coated diaphragm or the Gold with titanium coated diaphragm?

I have the silver version on loan and have not heard the gold version. Someone in the dedicated thread said recently that they had both versions and they sounded very similar.

2) Does it have a microphone?

Not that im aware of.

Jun 3, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #18 of 55
I have the Silver which I think is actually called the triple driver and the gold is something like 1770 or so. I owned the neos for a few weeks and sent them back. I really think you will be happy with the triple. I also listen to EDM but not exclusively. You had also mentioned that the jack seems fragile. I agree they might be if you were switching them on a regular basis but I think they will be fine for everyday use. If you are down to the neos and the triple feel free to contact me directly and we can discuss the difference since I have owned both and might be of assistance.

Jun 3, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #19 of 55
I have the dt1990 they have really good deep clean bass and extends real well. There is not a treble spike as with the other DT series. The soundstage is big and everything is very clear and detail

Jun 3, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #20 of 55
I have the Silver which I think is actually called the triple driver and the gold is something like 1770 or so. I owned the neos for a few weeks and sent them back. I really think you will be happy with the triple. I also listen to EDM but not exclusively. You had also mentioned that the jack seems fragile. I agree they might be if you were switching them on a regular basis but I think they will be fine for everyday use. If you are down to the neos and the triple feel free to contact me directly and we can discuss the difference since I have owned both and might be of assistance.
I have been eyeballing the OMTD for some time. Could you please give some details to the SQ, and why you preferred them over the Neo? I would assume that they have a larger stage and less rolled off treble. Probably tighter, less boomy bass, but if you tell me they have better imaging and separation than the Neo, they must be some killer cans.

Jun 3, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #21 of 55
I have been eyeballing the OMTD for some time. Could you please give some details to the SQ, and why you preferred them over the Neo? I would assume that they have a larger stage and less rolled off treble. Probably tighter, less boomy bass, but if you tell me they have better imaging and separation than the Neo, they must be some killer cans.
All of what you said about the sounds stage and the OMTD having much sharper treble and tighter bass is dead on. It sounds like you have done a ton of research. In terms of the imaging and separation the OMTDs are much more forward "in your face" even though they have a wider sound stage... I know that sounds contradictory but if the instruments are out far they will sound out far but if the they are close they will sound real close.

I think the treble and the tighter bass is more of a reason to choose the OMTD. I am super sensitive to treble and when I first got the OMTD I was really disappointed. I even immediately looked up the return policy. While waiting for a response I let them burn in for a few days straight on another system without me listening to them and went back to them. Now they sound great. There is some serious detail in the highs but it is no longer painful. Then there is the bass. It is so tight and controlled it could almost do with a little loosing up.

I hope this was helpful.

Jun 3, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #22 of 55
All of what you said about the sounds stage and the OMTD having much sharper treble and tighter bass is dead on. It sounds like you have done a ton of research. In terms of the imaging and separation the OMTDs are much more forward "in your face" even though they have a wider sound stage... I know that sounds contradictory but if the instruments are out far they will sound out far but if the they are close they will sound real close.

I think the treble and the tighter bass is more of a reason to choose the OMTD. I am super sensitive to treble and when I first got the OMTD I was really disappointed. I even immediately looked up the return policy. While waiting for a response I let them burn in for a few days straight on another system without me listening to them and went back to them. Now they sound great. There is some serious detail in the highs but it is no longer painful. Then there is the bass. It is so tight and controlled it could almost do with a little loosing up.

I hope this was helpful.
You know what this sounds like? My next set of cans! Haha. I listen to rock, classic and hair bands. These sound like they would be great for it. Thanks for the input. Much appreciated. I'm curious if I'll like them as much as my Sennheiser HD 25s. They're great for rock. Separation is really good, but they have a small stage. If I can get that somewhat aggressive sound without harshness and some added width and depth, I'll be a happy camper. The wife might kill me though, as I just bought a pair of Hifiman Edition S - Also an outstanding set for rock. Too many cans, not enough money

Jun 4, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #23 of 55
You know what this sounds like? My next set of cans! Haha. I listen to rock, classic and hair bands. These sound like they would be great for it. Thanks for the input. Much appreciated. I'm curious if I'll like them as much as my Sennheiser HD 25s. They're great for rock. Separation is really good, but they have a small stage. If I can get that somewhat aggressive sound without harshness and some added width and depth, I'll be a happy camper. The wife might kill me though, as I just bought a pair of Hifiman Edition S - Also an outstanding set for rock. Too many cans, not enough money
Well I think this is your lucky day then. Check out their site. They are running a sick deal right now. https://usa.1more.com/ They are absolute steal for this price.

Jun 5, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #24 of 55
Guys, I'm really concerned about the H1707's isolation ! I've read a bunch of reviews and most of them say the isolation is not really good !
Sometimes I'll be at home with no sound surrounding me but sometimes I'll be in crowded places like the bus and I really want to hear only my music.

I don't know what's the point of having a good quality sound if surrounding sounds interfere with the music I'm listening to.

If the Meze have the same isolation, I don't know what other options I have...

Jun 5, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #25 of 55
Guys, I'm really concerned about the H1707's isolation ! I've read a bunch of reviews and most of them say the isolation is not really good !
Sometimes I'll be at home with no sound surrounding me but sometimes I'll be in crowded places like the bus and I really want to hear only my music.

I don't know what's the point of having a good quality sound if surrounding sounds interfere with the music I'm listening to.

If the Meze have the same isolation, I don't know what other options I have...
Type this into your Google search
Z review 1 more triple driver sound demo
Watch the YouTube video with a set of headphones. Watch it all the way through - make sure to tune in to the very end. I think this may change your mind regarding the isolation

Jun 5, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #26 of 55
Watch the YouTube video with a set of headphones. Watch it all the way through - make sure to tune in to the very end. I think this may change your mind regarding the isolation

Thanks man ! You're right isolation does look good after all ! I wonder at what volume he was though.

Jun 5, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #28 of 55

You beat me to this response. Lol I think that would convince anyone

Jun 6, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #29 of 55
Let us know what you decide and your impressions of your choice

Jun 7, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #30 of 55
Let us know what you decide and your impressions of your choice

I think I'll definitely go with the 1MORE H1707, Mhog and a presentation video from "Z reviews" on Youtube convinced me.
I'll give my impressions in some time, I'm waiting for the LG V30 prices to drop a bit so I can buy these headphones at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back