Best headphone with good Bass ~$300-350 (for EDM/DN'B music) ?
May 28, 2018 at 2:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

Zayl

New Head-Fier
Hello music lovers !

What would you say is the best (bang for the buck) Over-Ear headphone witch has a slight emphasis on bass for $300-350?

They would have to respond to these criterias :

1) Robust
2) Has an option to add a microphone (like an imput port) or has a built in microphone
3) Has good noise cancelling, from inside and outside (I use public transports a lot and don't want to hear people and people to hear my music)
4) Comfy (for at least 2-3 hours)

After some research, I've already considered these options :

- V-moda crossfade m100 (with XL cushions)
- Audio Technica ATH-m50
- Sennheiser Momentum
- Sony MDR-1000X (but bit afraid of wireless)

Would love to hear what you guys think !
I was gonna go with the V-moda, but I just thought, isn't there a better headset since 2012-2013 ?

Thanks!

May 28, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #4 of 55
Probably the ZMF Classic. Not sure how it compares to the Fostex T60RP though. Both will be far more accurate and resolving than everything you listed, with a mid range that is not awful, and with more bass extension.

May 29, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #6 of 55
Thanks for these recommendations !
They all look pretty good although, The Meze 99 classic, with it's wood earcups look like they could have better bass BUT the ZMF Classic have thicker earpads. Problem is I don't have a lot of information about the ZMF Classic and they are unavailable in my country.

Any other recommendations?

May 29, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #7 of 55
Check out the 1More H1707 Triple Driver
I have it on loan for review and it sounds very good for the price and def has + bass

May 29, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #8 of 55
Thanks for these recommendations !
They all look pretty good although, The Meze 99 classic, with it's wood earcups look like they could have better bass BUT the ZMF Classic have thicker earpads. Problem is I don't have a lot of information about the ZMF Classic and they are unavailable in my country.

Any other recommendations?
The Classics definitely have a slight bass boost. Were you looking for more than slight? I really think you should look into the Meze 99 Neo. My bassiest cans are my M-Audio Q40, absolutely love them, but you may not be able to source them.

May 30, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #9 of 55
The Classics definitely have a slight bass boost. Were you looking for more than slight? I really think you should look into the Meze 99 Neo. My bassiest cans are my M-Audio Q40, absolutely love them, but you may not be able to source them.

Well, slightly or even not slightly, I just want better bass to be honest.
Does the Meze 99 Neo have good noise isolation (in and out) ?
Why would you recommend the Neo over the Classics? :)
Will the Meze 99 Neo be good on a phone with quad dac?
Isn't a V shaped sound headphone better for what I'm looking for ? I mostly listen to liquid/drum n' bass, dubstep, electronic music pretty much.

I'm looking at reviews as I'm typing...
Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #10 of 55
Well, slightly or even not slightly, I just want better bass to be honest.
Does the Meze 99 Neo have good noise isolation (in and out) ?
Why would you recommend the Neo over the Classics? :)
Will the Meze 99 Neo be good on a phone with quad dac?
Isn't a V shaped sound headphone better for what I'm looking for ? I mostly listen to liquid/drum n' bass, dubstep, electronic music pretty much.

I'm looking at reviews as I'm typing...
Thanks in advance :)
I have the Neo and use it with my V30 in auxiliary mode. I wouldn't really call the Neo a V shape. It's a very fun, musical and engaging headphone. I think it would be awesome for what you are after. I didn't like the V moda crossfade m100. I found the mids too recessed, and the sub bass was better than average, but only slightly. The sub bass and mids on the Neo are way better imo. Instrument separation is way better as well. I find them very comfortable and noise isolation above average. They don't fold down though, so I wouldn't consider them portable. The Neo is also in no way harsh or fatiguing. I can get lost in the music with these for long, extended periods of time.

May 30, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #11 of 55
I have it on loan for review and it sounds very good for the price and def has + bass

I very much agree here. I just got a pair a week ago and am in love. For an on ear I can not believe the isolation and the bass is so nice. Very controlled and goes deep. I don't think you would go wrong here.

Jun 3, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #12 of 55
I very much agree here. I just got a pair a week ago and am in love. For an on ear I can not believe the isolation and the bass is so nice. Very controlled and goes deep. I don't think you would go wrong here.

The top of the jack cable seems fragile.
I'm hesistant between the 1More, the Meze Classics and the V-moda. I would go with the Meze Classics but I'm afraid of it's poor isolation (I listen music at high volume).

Jun 3, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #13 of 55
The top of the jack cable seems fragile.
I'm hesistant between the 1More, the Meze Classics and the V-moda. I would go with the Meze Classics but I'm afraid of it's poor isolation (I listen music at high volume).
I think the difference in isolation between the Meze and the V Moda is negligible at best. The Classics sound better than the M 100 in every way possible imo, but everyone here's things a bit differently. The M 100 is by no means a bad sounding can, but for me personally, I couldn't justify spending that kind of coin on them. I demoed both along side the Neo, and left with the Neo. Would have got the Classics, but money came into play. Plus I felt the Neo had a little better imaging and instrument separation which is most important in my book. The one more triple driver is on my short list

Jun 3, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #14 of 55
I think the difference in isolation between the Meze and the V Moda is negligible at best. The Classics sound better than the M 100 in every way possible imo, but everyone here's things a bit differently. The M 100 is by no means a bad sounding can, but for me personally, I couldn't justify spending that kind of coin on them. I demoed both along side the Neo, and left with the Neo. Would have got the Classics, but money came into play. Plus I felt the Neo had a little better imaging and instrument separation which is most important in my book. The one more triple driver is on my short list

I'm sorry I'm not english, what does it mean it is on your short list?
I don't think I'm looking for instrument separation, I listen to mostly liquid dnb or dnb, electronic music.

2 questions about the 1More :
1) Which version is best, the Silver with the graphene coated diaphragm or the Gold with titanium coated diaphragm?
2) Does it have a microphone?

Other than that they look pretty good (checked the review on innerfidelity) besides the non replacable ear pads and the fact they are more of an "on-ear".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back