Best headphone with BIGGEST bass, and containment of detail and clarity
Oct 30, 2019 at 6:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

chrisssj2

100+ Head-Fier
I have the Ultrasone Signature Pro but im looking for the same quality but with more bass
This is what I found so far:

Sennheiser hd 650 open headphone (according to my friend it should have ALOT more bass then the Ultrasone 900 pro)
Sennheiser hd 800 serie (new series seem to be good, not sure on the bass)
Ultrasone 900 pro (according to some this is the bassiest headphone for closed headphones, but less detail then signature dj/pro)
Ultrasone DJ pro (Same quality as signature but with more added bass but less then 900 pro?)

Any suggestions in my search?

Oct 30, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #2 of 40
I have the Ultrasone Signature Pro but im looking for the same quality but with more bass
This is what I found so far:

Sennheiser hd 650 open headphone (according to my friend it should have ALOT more bass then the Ultrasone 900 pro)
Sennheiser hd 800 serie (new series seem to be good, not sure on the bass)
Ultrasone 900 pro (according to some this is the bassiest headphone for closed headphones, but less detail then signature dj/pro)
Ultrasone DJ pro (Same quality as signature but with more added bass but less then 900 pro?)

Any suggestions in my search?

Look into Audeze’s line. Planars usually have better bass. LCD-2 is pretty well-regarded.

Depending on how much bass you’re looking for, Sennheiser’s Momentum 3 will provide the most bass of any of the headphones mentioned.

Oct 30, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #3 of 40
I admit, I never thought I'd see the day where BIG bass and HD800 were on the same sentence. The HD800 deliver quality bass, but I wouldn't use the word big to describe it. If you want BIG bass, go for the usual pickings: Audeze LCD-3, LCD -2 Classic, Fostex TH-900, Fostex TH-X00 Ebony, Sony Z7M2 (really nice headphone), Beyerdynamic DT-1770 and it's older brother the DT-770 will do you well on the bass department. I ended up choosing the Nightowl by Audioquest, exactly the amount of bass I was looking for, excellent level of detail; I listen to them on a regular basis and compare it all the time with my T1.1. The Beyerdynamic T1.1 are more detailed...they have a slower decay on the nuance, and it's more present than on the Nightowls, however the Nightowls still deliver the same nuance, albeit it decays faster and it's less emphasized but still there to take notice.

Bass on the Nightowl, thicks all the box for me, extended, controlled and detailed I wouldn't say it bleed into the mids, but the headphone overall has a dark signature. Don't mistake "dark" with veiled, I found the HD650 to be more veiled.

Oct 30, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #4 of 40
Hmm many suggestions. I guess I should add I am not looking for wireless headphones so that leaves the Momentum 3 out.
And probably looking for under 1000 euro. That leaves Audeze LCD-3 out aswell.

LCD -2 Classic
Fostex TH-900 (while technically being over 1000 may consider it, if totally convinced..)
Fostex TH-X00 Ebony
Sony Z7M2
Beyerdynamic DT-1770
Beyerdynamic DT-770 (Kinda don't trust anything this cheap when compared to my signature pro)

A friend of mine told me to look at:
Audioquest Nighthawk
JVC HP-DX1000

And then (appearently HD 800 is not what im looking for hearing from you)
Sennheiser hd 650
Signature DJ pro
Signature Pro 900

So like really when just looking are PURE bass which of these suggestions would be giving the most bass, when not looking at anything else? That is just what I kinda want to find out.

My purpose for this headphone is mostly cinematic watching.. movies.. anime with big explosions etc.. And games with similiar effects. Just for the fun factor mostly, while retaining some overal quality aswell if somewhat possible(I know i may be asking alot)

And then keep my signature pro for classical music and detailed listening.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 10:46 PM Post #5 of 40
Hey don't rule out the DT-770 for being...inexpensive, it's a complete workhorse, it can totally stand next to the big boys, granted, it's outclassed, but it brings a LOT to the table. I'd say for pure bass, the Sony Z7M2, lots of good stuff there. But for the king, I'd say the TH-900, of all of the suggestions, the Fostex stuff is the only headphones I haven't heard.

Oct 31, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #6 of 40
Hmm many suggestions. I guess I should add I am not looking for wireless headphones so that leaves the Momentum 3 out.
And probably looking for under 1000 euro. That leaves Audeze LCD-3 out aswell.

LCD -2 Classic
Fostex TH-900 (while technically being over 1000 may consider it, if totally convinced..)
Fostex TH-X00 Ebony
Sony Z7M2
Beyerdynamic DT-1770
Beyerdynamic DT-770 (Kinda don't trust anything this cheap when compared to my signature pro)

A friend of mine told me to look at:
Audioquest Nighthawk
JVC HP-DX1000

And then (appearently HD 800 is not what im looking for hearing from you)
Sennheiser hd 650
Signature DJ pro
Signature Pro 900

So like really when just looking are PURE bass which of these suggestions would be giving the most bass, when not looking at anything else? That is just what I kinda want to find out.

My purpose for this headphone is mostly cinematic watching.. movies.. anime with big explosions etc.. And games with similiar effects. Just for the fun factor mostly, while retaining some overal quality aswell if somewhat possible(I know i may be asking alot)

And then keep my signature pro for classical music and detailed listening.
Th900 is the best out of all of them. I prefer th900 over even LCDX

Oct 31, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #8 of 40
Personally I'd cross the LCD-2C, HD800, and HD650 off your list. While good in their own right, their bass is south of neutral, and certainly not bass monsters

IMO, the king of bass is the Beyerdynamic DT1770. Bass extension is bottomless, it's very boosted, and remarkably fast and detailed. With most headphones, speed and quantity are mutually exclusive, but the engineers at Beyerdynamic have done something really remarkable in keeping both.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #10 of 40
TH-X00 Ebony is supposed to be the bees knees

1more Triple Driver Over Ear is supposed to be an overlooked bass gem with real clarity

The 1More Triple Driver Over Ear seems like a compelling headphone. Probably underrated. Not a lot of manufacturers are able to properly fit a multi-driver setup into a headphone.

If OP is looking for copious amounts of bass, there’s also the Nuraphone (which is predominantly wireless).

Nov 2, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #11 of 40
Similarly the Bose Soundsport Free are some of the best headphones I’ve ever encountered. Period. Full stop.

The bass on them is full like a subwoofer and they’re great with transients but lack micro detail.

Still... the price, form factor, comfort & general usefulness make them the easiest thing for me to recommend for anyone looking for a great headphone.

Nov 2, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #12 of 40
Similarly the Bose Soundsport Free are some of the best headphones I’ve ever encountered. Period. Full stop.

The bass on them is full like a subwoofer and they’re great with transients but lack micro detail.

Still... the price, form factor, comfort & general usefulness make them the easiest thing for me to recommend for anyone looking for a great headphone.

SoundSport Free looks like it has a great balanced frequency response. Sennheiser Momentum over-ear also has that full subwoofer-type bass (with the most impressive sub-bass I’ve heard in a headphone), not sure about Momentum TW. As far as TW I’m looking at trying AirPods Pro soon which I’m expecting to have an adequately punchy deep bass.

OP could probably purchase a wired pair of Momentum 2.0 or V-MODA M-100/M-100 Master and save quite a bit of money.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #13 of 40
I have the Philips Fidelio X2 which do produce that lower impactfull bass,which is quite rare with open dynamic headphones, due to them having 50mm neodymium drivers.. They have balanced sound signature though are a little "clunky" to wear due to their size. In fact I wish Philips would produce a wireless version of these and improve the headband as it produces a creaky noise when moved (mitigated with a few cable ties).

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #14 of 40
I can confirm that the ebony has excellent bass. A great headphone for the price.

Edit: e-my teak is even better in that line.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2019 at 6:55 AM Post #15 of 40
TH-X00 Ebony is supposed to be the bees knees

1more Triple Driver Over Ear is supposed to be an overlooked bass gem with real clarity

Those Bose Soundsport Free are in ears... not what im looking for. For in ear's I have the Hippo VB with the 3 dots for bass mode.
As for Triple Driver Over Ear and TH-X00 i will look into them but...
Basically what I want is a subwoofer in a headphone yes... But people mention so many headphone's.
Isn't there one king above all when it comes to bass amounts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back