Best headphone for Computer listening
Sep 19, 2005 at 10:47 AM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by ambro
this might sound very stupid ...
but where can I buy Grados ?? ( I live in Belgium )

thx
smily_headphones1.gif

You'll have to find a local retailer, there aren't any online retailers that can ship Grados internationally. You could also go used or ebay.

Sep 19, 2005 at 11:49 AM Post #17 of 28
how about $150 to get a refurb HD580 and another $100 for an amp.

Sep 19, 2005 at 12:02 PM Post #18 of 28
are you sure there aren't any online retailers that can ship internationally?

i don't think so.

Todd the vinyl junkie ships overseas, so does headroom, although they don't sell grados to certain countries with sole distributers.

I would suggest grados. I love the sound, and they don't need too powerful an amp to run well.

Sep 19, 2005 at 12:14 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by hansel_ng
are you sure there aren't any online retailers that can ship internationally?
i don't think so.

Thats why you'll not see too many Grados in the UK.

eBay is your bet bet for them.

Sep 19, 2005 at 1:18 PM Post #21 of 28
ambro: Grados are fairly hard to obtain over here, but Sennheisers are priced fairly reasonably, bordering on bargain in some cases - quite the opposite of the situation in the US. (AKGs are mid-priced, certainly not as cheap as in the US, but the K240DF and K240S are priced somewhere between HD55 and HD595, which is quite OK. Beyers also are mid-priced, they aren't overly cheap anywhere.) HD600s with their 300 ohm impedance actually aren't that bad for use directly out of sound cards, provided these have opamps on the outputs (these typically fare better with higher-impedance loads and the voltage swing provided is easily sufficient). Assuming you have an ordinary Wintel PC with a spare PCI slot, cards to look for would be: Hercules Fortissimo 4, Terratec Aureon Sky / Space, M-Audio Revolution 5.1, Audiotrak ProDigy 7.1 and 7.1LT, and last but not least, Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic.

Sep 19, 2005 at 5:21 PM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by ambro
listen to this
just went to my local sennheiser dealer and asked for some info !
He asked 400 euros for the HD-650 !!
And here they ask 296 euros
eek.gif

http://www.rueducommerce.fr

nice price or not ?
smily_headphones1.gif

I wouldn't get the HD650 unless you plan to get a decent headphone amp to go with it, particularly running out of a computer. I'd say the same if you were using a DT880 or any other can that really needs an amp.

Sep 19, 2005 at 6:51 PM Post #26 of 28
1) It's probably better to get a cheaper headphone, and a sound card + amp (or maybe not amp depending on the sound card), than to get an expensive headphone, which usually also requires more power, and plugging it into the integrated sound.

2) Depending on what your dorm is like, maybe you should restrict your headphone selection to closed ones (HD280, K271, A900, DT250-250, etc.) because at least in my dorm there's alot of noise outside and if your roommate happens to be the kind that uses speakers or anything like that, you will really not want to have it interfering with your music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back