Best headphone amp to walk around with?
Aug 8, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #16 of 22
If it's a later model - check out the Equaliser app from the i-tunes store.  It's pretty mature now, and a better way of shaping the sound than having to rely on a portable amp.  If you want something even easier - the Accudio Pro app is pretty good too.  The actual software equaliser included on the ipod/touch/iphone etc is rubbish.  The add-on apps though are actually pretty good.  With a bit of practise, it's amazing how well you can shape the sound without having to buy a warm amp with hardware EQ (ie bass or treble boost).

Just another option - and this one won't break the bank

I've found an equalizer app a while ago, which I'll share, I personally don't like EQs.
It's an app by Denon. You can create points on the wave of the song to deepen the song, ie, make your own EQ or use their presets, which can be tweaked to your liking. It's also a decent music app.

Aug 8, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #18 of 22
Aug 9, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #19 of 22
I don't understand, you say the E7, E11 etc is better, but the E17 is the newest, so shouldn't it be the best out of them all?

Aug 14, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #20 of 22
One design aspect that I like about the Leckerton UHA-4 is it's rounded encasing. It doesn't catch on pants seams. However, your headphone jack probably will. It also has digital volume control so a user doesn’t have to worry about lint eventually getting into an analog pot. Lastly it’s lite. Can’t beat the size and weight of this thing. In my opinion, these features make this portable amp well suited for walkers. I've used it while walking several times.

Aug 14, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #21 of 22

Users who are viewing this thread

Back