Best HD800 Amp
Aug 8, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #392 of 654
What gobbletygook... just ban the troll already.

Aug 8, 2010 at 5:29 AM Post #393 of 654

Quote:
This is word-style misunderstanding. Solid or tube amp differs in sound reproduction, this everybody know. When you are building amplifiers, you have the schema, devices etc. Which devices you choose, how they are paired, how you connect them, which chassis you apply, how you integrate power supply, it is “tunning”, game with devices. You have there the chance to “change” the sound and you play with devices to obtain the sound characteristics which you want to deliver to customer. I think, when you purchase solid amp, you want to obtain from them all best what is typical for solid amps, when you purchase tube amp, you want to have sound hot, polite, sweet etc. I think bed solid amp is one which wants “imitate” the reproduction as by tubes amps, but “last” the aspects typical for solid amps. And same opposite. If you want integrate these two approaches in one device, then true hybrids are best solution. The device contains both “transistors” and “tubes”, as for example B-52, to deliver the result mining from best aspects from these two worlds. I don’t think that “tunning” with transistors is the solution for you, when they want “integrate” tube-style reproduction for sound. So when you want to have best experience and pleasure from the sound, I think, you need have true high quality representative from first group and then one from second group, because they deliver you typical and significant representation and experience, not mutations, imitations, improvisations .... I think then you can understand several aspects of the sound clearly, better. That’s all.

Quote:
[size=11pt]Simply said, Rudistor RPX-300 or RP 010B are (by my opinion) typical top quality solid amps. When you want excellent single ended solid amp with very good price, then Casea Lyra or ZAMA HPA-1 (amp with true analog binaural processing) is the solution for you. And same you can find excellent representative for tube amps.[/size]

Quote:
Spritzer – in one thread about electrostats I diplomatically said you that you speak about something but you are not able to proof your words. You speculated about dammage caused by coriolan 2 amp but you NOT presented ANY proof, nothing. You say something negative, but without proof or you present some very speculative information from speculative origin. This picture is one example. This is very old concept of RPX-100, one from very early days. But RPX-300 looks differently. RP 010B looks absolutely differently. This is your method how to share „speculations“ around the world. From the picture, it is difficult to know which resistors or other items are „excellent“ or not, because you can not read the „code“ or „name“ from them, when you have not the device. If you know in details which concrete items are used for example in RPX-300 or RP 010B, in Ray Samuels amps, in Eddie current ams ... then you can say something relevant. But remember, one thing is „insert“ top items, second one is pairing them. As higher model is produced, pairing is very difficult. So only very careful decisions and construction gives you excellent result. This is the magic around the amps.

PS: Please give me some your opinion about this amp from these pictures. I am very interested what you say me about these pictures. If you are so good expert about it, you will say us true, concrete and relevant information. So show me in practice your knowledge ...  What do you think, how much these two devices costs? Please guess, your sugestion. If you are so good, you can say serious number ... :) :)

-pics cropped-

Quote:
I expected information presented by spitzer. When you are expert, you can see details and you can say much more about device, you can say „near“ type of the item, in producer and concrete model form etc. How is solved this part, this part etc, serious info. Very good expert from the picture can see a lot of information, several details which normal person „ignore“. When he says that this model is bed, this is bed in threads, I showed him something and I want to see „the result“. I think, this amp is very good, the construction is very precise. But, I want to see what he says.
When you see the device, I expected the value of the cost. If he says (from visiting the pictures, not searching, recalculation of Exchange ...) much higher or much lower price, then it will make fun. How much you guess, how much it costs? Or how much you expect the pricetag for the device presented on picture. When you purchase something you have expectations. When you see device insight and there are „five“ items, you not expect very high pricetag, but when there are a lot of high quality items, the pricetag is higher, it is rational, but which pricetag you expect for „this“ device? Please, write your guesses and then I will say the price, to have good fun. (please do not search for info then it is no fun) Thanks.

Quote:

Spritzer – I sent you pictures about two (resp. three) devices. You write in your „answere“ notorial demagogy. Please describe me these pictures which I included. What do you think about these devices? What is there miserable? What do you think about the construction? When you are expert, this is trivial excersise for you. When you are expert in the audio technology you can rationaly guess the price of the product  or calculate the production costs. When you are only agresive, abresive rhetorial speculat, you have problem to answer these serious questions. That’s all.

When you purchase computer, evrything is there important, cooling, matherboard, procesor,  momories, disks, ports ... Same is for audio devices. Source is important, player (dac) is important, amp is important, power supply is important, headphones are very important, cables are important. All components have important role so only perfectly composed audio chain deliver you perfect sound. That’s all.
Computers are the science too (I am scientist), same as audio technologies. You can measure resistors, calculate the schemas, this is principal technological level, but the music, sound, their reproduction which you listen simply said is NOT measureable. Music you listen, feel. The sound is in many aspects not measureable (expect waves, pulses ...). This is the magic.

PS: I have a lot of good friends from Italy. There are two (three) regions, north Italy and south Italy (people from Roma will say middle Italy). North Italy is in same level as Germany, Switzerland, French, Austria, they are very developed, this region is very industrial and there are Alps, there are factories, good working possibilities. South Italy is poor, there is in common agriculture (or well known mafia). The pizza in restaurant in North Italy costs 8-10 euro when in south Italy costs 2-3 euro. Dr. Rudi Stor works in North Italy in very industrial region. When he will be from South Italy (Sicilia), East Europe or last Russian country, then he will have very low human resources, not in North Italy, Germany etc. For correctness I wrote info for other people to understand things.

Quote:
I am very interested on price guesses, friends, please guess, how much can cost this serious SE amp or second device? When you purchase the device, you naturally have expectations. If I open you the box and there are three items, it could not cost 5,000 dollars, but if there are 50 devices, it costs more then 200 dollars. If I say you 100 dollars value, this is absurd, same as I can say 10,000 dollars. It is something between these two (vey extreme) values. Let’s go, show me your rational guesses, to have good fun. Who will be near the correct pricetag? Naturally, I will write the price. For people who know how much it costs, please be quite, we want to have good fun. (please do not search for price, only guess from pictures).

Spritzer - About the pictures, these devices you purchase NOT in supermarket, but only in serious shops with audio devices. The price is NOT artificially overcosted, the price is VERY rational. When you are expert you can recognize the items, if there are miserable low-cost one or serious (much more expensive) one. When you are so good on it, you can guess concrete types and applied models.

PS: Once I sent these pictures to Jack Woo and Rudi Stor and asked him to give me some their guesses, what they think about this devices. Jack Woo said very concrete information, detailed info about things. Same Rudi. They guessed the price in accurate range. From the right value they guessed in interval of tollerance 200 dollars, so their guess was not worth then 200 dollars. This says all, they are true experts, not forum-style manipulators. That’s all.

Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?

Aug 8, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #394 of 654
This thread revealed that I subconsciously, until now (consciously), have likened Rudistor amps to glorified Radioshack ones. That is, assuming the coconut proposition has some validity and standing in the current economic climate.

Aug 8, 2010 at 6:34 AM Post #395 of 654
So what are those hard questions which I am dodging, how much some random amps cost?  So you are just going to look past the whole issue here which, using your computer analogy, is Rudistor selling people 386 computers while telling them they are the newest range topping multi core beasts and charging them more then the competition.  You are right though that every link in the chain is important so how can you justify Rudi selling products which are clearly badly designed, badly made to match with something as well designed and well made as the HD800 or any other good high end headphone? 

Now to you amp design may appear to be magic as it is quite clear you haven't got a clue what makes any of the this stuff tick.  People thought Tesla was an extra terestial at the turn of the last century simply because they didn't understand what he was doing.  Does that make the AC in your walls magic or radio waves magical?  Certainly not, both are well defined concepts which can be calculated and measured, same goes for every aspect of amplifier design. 

Quote:
You cannot build audio equipment on an emotional level, because there is none... Unless you’ve come across a batch of resistors with feelings. lol. 

Ok, that made me laugh out loud. 
tongue.gif

Aug 8, 2010 at 7:13 AM Post #396 of 654
[size=11pt]Spritzer – why do you say so enough times something about Rudistor amps? Here I presented one device which is very serious amp. If Rudi does something miserable, it is him business. This device on pictures is device with very rational price tag, without speculative additions as brand name etc. Last picture, Grado amp, is notorially known with miserable concept with very miserable items and this „box of nothing“ costs giant money.[/size]

Aug 8, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #398 of 654
Ok, I finish the guessing. Thanks for all PM’s and your guesses. The amp costs ONLY 21,900 Czech krounds !!!! It is at about 850 euro or 1000 dollars. There are used highest quality components, transistors, resistors, ..., very carefully paired and installed. This is precise hand work and this SE amp sounds beautifully with HD 800. This cost is VERY small in compare with other producers, because the small producer is from Czech republic and it is produced handly, by one specialized enthusiast who has excellent knowledge in audio technologies.

Jack guessed that this high quality amp costs at about 1,200 dollars, if the producer is less known or from country with low cost of human resources, or he does not travel to high end exhibitions. When it is well known brand from „rich“ country, then it can cost 1,500-1,600 dollars, with „decorations“ at about 2,000 dollars. Rudi calculated 850-900 dollars for all used items (he said very detailed info about them) and other is profit, he guessed 1,000-1,100 dollars, or from rich countries 1,300-1,400 dollars. There is important part of price how many prototypes or auxiliary devices are produced and how much are the costs for presentations or exhibitions, how many are demos or how many amps are possible to sold by producer etc.

From PM messages I obtained guesses at around 1,500 dollars or more. One respondent said that this top quality amp cost 2,500 dollars.
When I asked Jack Woo to see the pictures, he said that this amp is procued carefully, with discrete transistors and other components, carefully installed, carefully solved cooling and power supply. For concrete components he said brand name and claas (for some concrete models). Same order of information gave me Rudi. When I obtained this info I pass it to author of this amp (Mr. Vrána) and he validated it.

When you want more inko about author or these devices see this link:
http://www.casea.eu/kontakt.php

PS: The guess 1,000,000 dollars I carefully read. I do not know if money „addend“ zeroes to „hide“ Inko or not, because it is at about 1,000 dollars.

PPS: Spritzer – for expert the picture says thousand things, if the device is crap work or not, which circuits are used, how are solved several problems, how are operation amplifiers paired etc. Good expert can say details. Simply said, Jack and Rudi are experts.

Aug 8, 2010 at 7:43 AM Post #399 of 654
[size=11pt]Personally I do not own this amp, but Pasul head-fier own them and he has long time listening experience, so if you are interested about the sinergy with HD 800, you can contact them. In same order Kuba4 own them. I think this amp is very serious SE solid amp for your inventory. I have listen them many times in exhibitions or my friends (who are not in head-fi) own them, so I can say that this is amp sounds very beautifuly with low impedance headphones like D-7000, with HD 800 and with T1.[/size]

Aug 8, 2010 at 8:40 AM Post #402 of 654
Regarding the amps - Rudistor RP-010 MkII seems to be the best choice for solid state amps. It's a no feedback design (first advantage over Beta22) with quad mono supply (second advantage over Beta22) and military standard assembly including screening and component selection - third and the biggest advantage over any Beta22 build you can obtain. I kind of repeated what I had said in a different thread.

What I think is a smart amp designer will take say ten parts per channel, select them thoroughly, and make a wonderful sounding amp of them. Less smart engineer will build something made of many parts and resembling huge, high power op-amp, which measures excellent and sounds like a long-path NFB design. Read: not the greatest. Someone who is only able to copy the schematic, in case of a simple design, while repeating the schematic, will build crap, and then spread his sonic observations all over forums.

Looking at Casea products - too much generic Jamicon caps inside to make it sound like top class products. Sure I should listen to the Casea but I cannot help the fact that I see Wima and Jamicon here and there. I know their sonic abilities pretty well. Same for the RK27 pot which is far from the highest standards of passive volume attenuation. This thread is about the best of the best I suppose, so let's better leave intermediate level aside.

Aug 8, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #405 of 654
neptius posted:-

Quote:
 [size=small]so I can say that this is amp sounds very beautifuly with low impedance headphones like D-7000, with HD 800 and with T1. [/size]

Hd800 is 300 Ohms
T1 is 600 Ohms
D700 is 25 Ohms.

2 out of 3 is epic fail.

Perhaps he is talking about compared to electrostatics.........

neptius, could you please be a little more specific.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back