Best HD650 System for $0-1300
Mar 20, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #16 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by NtD Gr3nade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was recently reccomended the Monarchy M24 to a Gilmore Lite by another member. What else is out there for this price range that could beat this set up? Thanks.

I'd go balanced.. The 650's are said to scale etremely well.. Rudi NX-33 for 1,200..Incredible piece of equpiment..
eggosmile.gif

Mar 20, 2007 at 4:32 AM Post #18 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd go balanced.. The 650's are said to scale etremely well.. Rudi NX-33 for 1,200..Incredible piece of equpiment..
eggosmile.gif

Will the new cables and amp/source fit budget? Balanced is pricey nowadays...

Mar 20, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #19 of 59
Quote:

Will the new cables and amp/source fit budget? Balanced is pricey nowadays...

Yeah.. You would need to add another 200 for the balanced cables..
mad.gif
If you are looking for an all in one I'd go with the Opera.. Hi end amp.. balanced as far as single ended headphones go.. & a DAC that can compete with DACs in the 1,000 & under range..

Mar 20, 2007 at 4:47 AM Post #21 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All you need to "go balanced" with the 650's is 5 minutes with a soldering iron and $10 worth of XLR connectors
biggrin.gif

True..If you know what you are doing..

Mar 20, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #24 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No offense, but I hate that phrase.. reminds me of those millionaire info commericals..

None taken, but seriously, in this case it's true.

EDIT: But for those who don't want to or can't DIY, HeadRoom now is selling balanced stock HD 650 cables with adapters for $99.00.

Mar 20, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #25 of 59
Quote:

Got Senns, look at thread. I wouldn't have this thread if I didnt have the Senns, because I dont think I would intentionally get a heeadphone this picky.

The Senns are less picky then most of this level. I knew you had them, just didn't know if you used their price as part of your budget.

Mar 20, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #26 of 59
seriously consider something that will allow you to go balanced with the senns (DA10, DAC1, Mini-DAC or Headroom Balanced).

will not regret it.
icon10.gif

Mar 20, 2007 at 5:15 AM Post #27 of 59
sennbot deserves to be balanced. if you are feelin lucky, have someone build you a dynamite or beta22. if you value space and don't feel like mining for a source, get the desktop balanced/w dac.... teh bot demands it

Mar 20, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #28 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sennbot deserves to be balanced. if you are feelin lucky, have someone build you a dynamite or beta22. if you value space and don't feel like mining for a source, get the desktop balanced/w dac.... teh bot demands it

I'm not a big fan of HR's sound sig now. I want something that will add some brightness to my Senns, and something that would work with SR325s or RS-2s that I might get in the future. HR seems more laid back than I want my Senns to be, which is great of Jazz/Funk/Classical, but lacks when I listen to Hip-Hop/Classic Rock/Rap.

Mar 21, 2007 at 5:35 AM Post #29 of 59
Definitely go balanced with your HD650s.

Direct out of the XLRs from the DAC-1 or DA10 saves the cost of a balanced amp, and gets you a top-notch source.

Mar 21, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #30 of 59
a

Users who are viewing this thread

Back