Best GF ever!
Dec 25, 2008 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Logistic

100+ Head-Fier
I've been complaining about my cheap radioshack soldering iron I used to make my starving student, and today my GF surprised me with a Weller DEC1001 soldering station for Christmas! You can plug two heating elements into the station, and you can independently control the temperatures on the two elements. I'm so excited! I've been casually throwing around ideas for my next project in the back of my head, but now I'm really itching to work on something. Maybe a DAC of some sort...

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Dec 25, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #2 of 18
Your GF might just regret ever giving you such a potentially homewrecking device! There's a risk you'll rather turn on your Weller than be turned on by her
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 25, 2008 at 7:22 PM Post #3 of 18
Does she have a sister?
wink.gif

Seriously. Awesome gift, which verify that she have heard your complains...

Dec 25, 2008 at 8:22 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by digger945 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What did you get her?

Ouch. Yeah, good point. haha.

Logistic, you are a lucky man. Isn't it cool getting techy stuff from your GF instead of from your own wallet?

atsmile.gif

Dec 25, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by digger945 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What did you get her?

I got her a nice webcam so we could video chat (we're doing the long distance thing for a few more months).

NelsonVandal, she did mention in her card that she might regret this gift haha.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 25, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Logistic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NelsonVandal, she did mention in her card that she might regret this gift haha.
smily_headphones1.gif

Not necessarily, you can learn how to solder jewelry.

Which should be your next project, if you know what's good for you.
wink.gif
Put the DAC or amp off for a second or third project.

Dec 25, 2008 at 10:37 PM Post #9 of 18
Oh man, jewelry...I made some for a while. Surprisingly addictive! You still get to work with small parts, but you never have to measure proper resistance. How cool is that!

Dec 25, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhjazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh man, jewelry...I made some for a while. Surprisingly addictive! You still get to work with small parts, but you never have to measure proper resistance. How cool is that!

Cables, dude - cables
smily_headphones1.gif
love soldering cables I dont need ^^

Great gift logistic, you must have one of those special edition GF models with a signal path between the ears and the long term memory - never seen one in real life before.

Got cash for christmas so I ordered some refill on my hobby room. Drill bit set, soldering iron 8cheap one, nothing this fancy), sanding paper, dremel kit and so on. most peopl i know are excited after christmas due to new snowboards, PS3s, cellphones etc - I can't wait to get my box of sand paper xD

Dec 26, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #11 of 18
Dec 26, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Ødegård /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cables, dude - cables
smily_headphones1.gif
love soldering cables I dont need ^^

Great gift logistic, you must have one of those special edition GF models with a signal path between the ears and the long term memory - never seen one in real life before.

Got cash for christmas so I ordered some refill on my hobby room. Drill bit set, soldering iron 8cheap one, nothing this fancy), sanding paper, dremel kit and so on. most peopl i know are excited after christmas due to new snowboards, PS3s, cellphones etc - I can't wait to get my box of sand paper xD

LOL!!!! you're the BEST man
beerchug.gif

Dec 26, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by jar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awesome gift, but I still think my friend Val holds the best head-fi diy girlfriend ever title: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f11/be...d-ever-213512/

This could be a hint to my wife. She does pcb and cable assembly. My next dac maybe.

Dec 26, 2008 at 9:34 AM Post #14 of 18
Dec 26, 2008 at 10:03 AM Post #15 of 18
Wow, she's Wonder woman in disguise. :wink:

Lynda-Carter---Wonder-Woman-Photograph-C10101726.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back