Best gaming mice
Nov 6, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #92 of 406
1. Logitech g9x
2. Razer naga hex
3. RAT 7
4. Corsair m65

The corsair and rat7 are too slow (polling wise) for me and results in delays for mouse movements which is really bad for the games I play
The naga hex and g9x are both fine. Both are comfortable for me but the naga hex is built to break which is obviously undesirable
Anyone have suggestions for a mouse with 1MHz polling rate? I generally dislike razer products for their quality

Nov 6, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #93 of 406
First of all, if you care about sensor accuracy, AVOID ALL LASER MICE.

Laser sensors have built-in +/- acceleration that CANNOT be removed. Most of them have prediction as well.

The advantages that laser mice bring to the table are:
1. Insanely high DPI (> 4000)
2. Less fussy about multi-colored surfaces
3. All the mice with 15 side buttons are laser mice.

Among optical mice, there are some that are called "flawless" sensors, because they have:
1. Zero +/- acceleration
2. Zero angle-snapping/prediction (it has many other names)
3. High perfect control speeds (i.e. it's almost impossible to move the mouse faster than its sensor can track)
4. Low LOD (lift off distance). Basically a measure of how high you have to lift the mouse before you can move it without it tracking)

The following mice are the best (in no particular order):
Ergonomic (right-handed):
1. Logitech G400
2. Logitech G400S (G400 with reinforced cord, I don't know why Logitech has to use cheap cords). This is the mouse I use.
3. Razer DeathAdder (all of them, though the 2013 one is the best). Flawless sensor, but the build quality is abysmal.
4. Roccat Savu (Flawless sensor. Only 4 DPI choices: 400, 800, 1600, 4000)
5. Zowie EC1 eVo - Slightly low perfect control speed.
6. Zowie EC2 eVo - Slightly low perfect control speed.
7. CoolerMaster Storm Spawn (I forget which firmware version makes it perfect. Most of the other firmwares have one problem or another).

Ambidextrous ("Quake Shape")
1. Zowie FK
2. Zowie AM

Nov 6, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #94 of 406
I like my application based profile switching. if you can manage to get setpoint 6.32 (for me, it might be a diff. version for you) to play nice, you can get each app to work with its own key bindings automatically. I dont move my mouse around between computers, mind you. I have a G700. I'm not TERRIBLY fond of it, and I'd honestly prefer a mouse with just 3-4 extra buttons rather than the ludicrous overkill of the G700. Also I think next time I wont bother with ergonomics because I end up using the G700 as claw grip all the time, the same hand position as i'd have on the keyboard.

Nov 7, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #95 of 406

3. Razer DeathAdder (all of them, though the 2013 one is the best). Flawless sensor, but the build quality is abysmal.

Have been using a Deathadder 3G since 2006 with no build-quality issues at all.
rolleyes.gif
 Have further 2 new ones on standby in case this one eventually needs to be replaced, since the original one is far superior to the more recent incarnations (the combination of S3688 + the V2 PCB give the lowest LOD and the fastest tracking at low DPI). All Deathadders perform optimally at 1800 DPI so anything above that is superfluous.

Nov 7, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #96 of 406
Using a steelseries sensei raw because I don't need all the bells and whistles of the sensei. Very good mouse, excellent build quality and nice aesthetics.

Nov 7, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #98 of 406

Have been using a Deathadder 3G since 2006 with no build-quality issues at all.
rolleyes.gif
 Have further 2 new ones on standby in case this one eventually needs to be replaced, since the original one is far superior to the more recent incarnations (the combination of S3688 + the V2 PCB give the lowest LOD and the fastest tracking at low DPI). All Deathadders perform optimally at 1800 DPI so anything above that is superfluous.

The place that normally breaks is the scroll wheel. The side buttons also feel very cheap. Mine went bad on me in a few months, and plenty of people I know had a similar experience.

Then there are people like you who don't have such problems. Really seems to be about a 50/50 split.

Nov 8, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #101 of 406
  The place that normally breaks is the scroll wheel. The side buttons also feel very cheap. Mine went bad on me in a few months, and plenty of people I know had a similar experience.

Then there are people like you who don't have such problems. Really seems to be about a 50/50 split.

have been using mine for just over 2 years
scroll wheel works still, i personally like the big side buttons- easy to press
sensor works great too

but material is shoddy- the bottom of the sides have the rubber paint rubbing off and showing the plastic underneath

Nov 9, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #103 of 406
I can't seem to find a mouse that would fit my hand well =/
How's the performance of the mionix naos 3200?

It's a laser mouse, so there would be mouse acceleration that you can't remove.

Can you list some mice that you have tried, and brief impressions of how they felt wrong in your hand?
I can probably recommend you some good things to try then :)

Nov 9, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #104 of 406
I can't seem to find a mouse that would fit my hand well =/

How's the performance of the mionix naos 3200?

It's a laser mouse, so there would be mouse acceleration that you can't remove.

Can you list some mice that you have tried, and brief impressions of how they felt wrong in your hand?
I can probably recommend you some good things to try then :)

The naos 3200 is optical unlike the 5200 and 8200 which were like you said laser mice
Also I'm wondering if the glass coating of the artizan shidenkai would affect optical mice

I have the g9x which has been my go to mouse
The rat7 was ergonomically my favorite but far too slow response time

Nov 9, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #105 of 406
The naos 3200 is optical unlike the 5200 and 8200 which were like you said laser mice
Also I'm wondering if the glass coating of the artizan shidenkai would affect optical mice

I have the g9x which has been my go to mouse
The rat7 was ergonomically my favorite but far too slow response time

I don't know if the naos 3200 is flawless or not sensor wise, few optical mice are.
If you like the G9X shape, but want a flawless sensor I have three recommendations:
1. Genius Maurus (Avago A3090, which the Logitech G400/G400s uses a modified version of, the Avago S3095))
2. Roccat Savu (Avago A3090) [Limitation: No DPI slider. You can only choose between 400, 800, 1600, and 4000). Very comfortable mouse with sandpaper-like thumb grip so it won't slip. One of the left thumb buttons is mapped to Shift+, and when you hold that button it makes all the other buttons on the mouse do something different. You can set all that up in the driver software, which is probably the best I've used.
3. Cooler Master Storm Spawn (Avago A3090) (Make sure to get the most recent firmware update, which fixes problems caused by earlier firmware updates)

There are other mice with the A3090 sensor, and that's not the only perfect sensor.
Some mice that have that sensor still won't be perfect though, it depends on if they have prediction enabled.

Here is a basic list of mice and their sensors, and whether they have prediction or not.
It's by no means complete, but should give you something to go on.
http://www.overclock.net/t/854100/gaming-mouse-sensor-list

Users who are viewing this thread

Back