Oct 15, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #76 of 406
Best gaming mice in my opinion I personally lived with:

1. Cyborg R.A.T 9
2. Razer Mamba
3. Roccat Kone (currently using it)
4. Razer Lachesis
5. ...MX518 maybe?

Oct 17, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #79 of 406
i have a G700. its nice but the software is iffy. It doesnt like to play nice with firefox. I have this issue where the mouse "forgets" that firefox is the active window and even while im interacting with the firefox window, it doesnt have my firefox profile selected. This doesnt happen during gaming or pretty much any other program, so its def. a firefox issue. their support has been horrendous, though. I told them to simply write me a lua script for the mouse that would output what the currently active window is. That way i could see what program was stealing focus. So far their suggestions have been:

1) downgrade firefox to an old version
2) use chrome instead
3) Reinstall windows
4) use setpoint instead of LGS.

clearly the only logical solution out of all of these is to use setpoint. Well too bad, because i tried that and setpoint no longer recognizes my mouse, nor can I get unifying utility to recognize the mouse. So they completely and utterly gave up on that idea and went back to step 1: downgrade firefox.

And for the record, i've tried disabling all extensions, using old LGS, etc. They even went so far as to tell me that my razer keyboard (which uses standard microsoft HID keyboard driver) is the problem, and theres nothing they can do.

TL;DR: dont get a G700 because logitech has terrible support unless it involves replacing a product.

Oct 18, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #81 of 406
Their CUSTOMER support is phenomenal. Their TECHNICAL support......needs work. Even the tier 2. Its as if they need a small and selective tier 3.

I dont really blame them for telling me "its a firefox issue" because it is, but they should be able to do some sort of lua scripting and say Here, run these small crappy scripts for EACH of your profilies, and it will tell us what is happening with LGS. Or maybe google up a program that lets you see what the currently active window is. And you cant tell me that LGS devs dont have any .NET coding experience and dont know how to create a program that will tell me what the active window is anyways.

EDIT: for the record, the only reason i havent switched to chrome (considering adblock is much better than it used to be and can block youtube ads and stuff now) is that theres no speed dial extension i could find that would let me use ctrl+number key shortcuts. And im about to just say screw it and use chrome anyways.

Oct 19, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #83 of 406
  If you enjoy the sidewinder x5, I cannot image how you would feel when using a Zowie or the upcoming BST.

I have a zowie EC1??? must check but I get sweaty using it so it´s not that comfortable. For a change I am now using the Ikari laser it´s quite nice actually too :)

Oct 19, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #84 of 406
You have to think the majority of the customers would not understand that.

Right, but when I'm the one who suggests whats wrong, they entirely ignore my suggestion, dont even acknowledge it, and tell me to do some ****ty catch-all fix. Roll back firefox, roll back logitech gaming software, use setpoint instead, do a system restore, turn it off and back on again, etc.

Tell me in what way they can be considered good when i say "The problem is that my firefox profile gets deactivated. I'm using the scripting functionality of your software to figure out when the profile is deactivated. What other scripting commands can I type in that would let me know which program is the active window, and which program 'stole focus' from firefox?" and their answer is "roll back setpoint to an old version".

Oct 21, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #85 of 406
Hey guys, just a heads up: The issues i was having with my G700 were fixed by uninstalling LGS and installing Setpoint 6.32. DO NOT install the latest version of setpoint. 6.32 seems to be the last working revision that will recognize a G700. My mouse profile switching seems to be working without a hitch now. I think it even continues to work after flashplayer steals keyboard focus (IE keyboard shortcuts dont work but pressing the mouse button still does)

Oct 29, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #88 of 406
Tried and almost owned everything under the sun. Literally.

My tier list for computer mice:

1. Deathadder
2. Deathadder
3. Deathadder

Oct 31, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #89 of 406
  Tried and almost owned everything under the sun. Literally.

My tier list for computer mice:

1. Deathadder
2. Deathadder
3. Deathadder

Like headphones hobby, computer mice seems to be no different, I used (the original) Deathadder for 1 day only and never anymore. xD So totally wrong shape, design etc for me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back