Best gaming mice
Jul 12, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #256 of 406
I bought a new cable for my Logitech G5 and it fixed it. Happy gaming.

However I still want to buy a new mouse because I need more than three DPI pre-sets. (Currently I have fast for slow turrets, normal, and slow for sniping or whatever.) However when I work in my music editing software, I need even slower settings.

Anyway I looked at the Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum. Then noticed a caveat which I really want which I think that mouse does not do. It has three buttons near right thumb (for right handed person). The forward and back buttons, and then the DPI switch. I believe makes the other two up and down DPI buttons active. That's my problem because I want a third button there. However I don't want it turning on DPI button control.

I want the third button for free use because I need another button there for gaming. Basically because I can only use the back button on my Logitech G5, (or any mouse really). That's because the forward button is out of my reach. Therefor I need a third button.

Jul 12, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #257 of 406
The third button is a programmable button for whatever you want. It is set standard to auto switch to the lowest dpi setting for a quick sniper setting. You also have the button for the scroll wheel, ie the scroll wheel depresses as well as clicks left and right. There is a button below the scroll wheel lock. Every button is programable and that is a bonus.

Jul 12, 2017 at 4:34 AM Post #258 of 406
The third button is a programmable button for whatever you want. It is set standard to auto switch to the lowest dpi setting for a quick sniper setting. You also have the button for the scroll wheel, ie the scroll wheel depresses as well as clicks left and right. There is a button below the scroll wheel lock. Every button is programable and that is a bonus.

Ah! I see, thank you. As said I thought it started up the DPI switching. I am v. happy that DPI can be done by it's two switches without needing to press another button first.

I have actually tried using Middle mouse left and right in games, but generally games don't respond to it.

I have also been looking over the now older G500S, because it's shaped like my G5. (Better the devil you know syndrome.) They are mostly out of sale and only very expensive on amazon. .. Good to have the option of the much cheaper G502 Proteus.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #259 of 406
I usually use the middle mouse push for grenades in my fps. Works great for that. I like having a button under the scroll wheel( pushing down the scroll wheel)

Jul 18, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #260 of 406
I usually use the middle mouse push for grenades in my fps. Works great for that. I like having a button under the scroll wheel( pushing down the scroll wheel)

Yep. I usually use side button for torch/flashlight.

It's when I feel I need another button, and I have no other side button, that I get annoyed. Having these dedicated buttons improves gameplay significantly I think. Middle mouse is sometimes taken by default. Middle mouse sideways doesn't respond in games that I tried it. Thus no buttons left.

Aug 20, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #262 of 406
Razer Deathadder was a great gaming mouse until it started double clicking on single clicks after 2 months. I've had the same issue happen to their other gaming mice. Now I am using a cheap silent mouse from Amazon and I have not encountered any issues so far.

Sep 5, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #266 of 406
I was on the Zowie EC1-A for a good year and have two just sitting now since I picked up the G403 Wireless (games) and G900/903 (work).
I've NEVER been a fan of wireless mice due to the lag but you guys gotta give one of them a try.

Very cool video for the nerdy people out there:

Sep 6, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #267 of 406
there are CSGO pro players that use wireless mice, so I guess the lag is negligible. What I can't cope with is the weight of wireless mice, as anything above 100g is a burden to me.

Sep 6, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #268 of 406
Good point on weight, I don't get gamers on 150 gram mice but the 903 sits at 110 grams and the 703 is at 108 grams which are weights I can deal with for the performance. I think they've proven lag is no longer an issue.

Sep 10, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #269 of 406
Agree to NIOUKE. Had G502 and now Zowie EC 2A, Zowie smokes G502! Much better Shape to handle, much lighter, cable is not as stiff. Only thing i miss is Crazy good G502 Buttons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back