Best gaming mice
Nov 9, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #106 of 406
The naos 3200 is optical unlike the 5200 and 8200 which were like you said laser mice

Also I'm wondering if the glass coating of the artizan shidenkai would affect optical mice

I have the g9x which has been my go to mouse

The rat7 was ergonomically my favorite but far too slow response time

I don't know if the naos 3200 is flawless or not sensor wise, few optical mice are.
If you like the G9X shape, but want a flawless sensor I have three recommendations:
1. Genius Maurus (Avago A3090, which the Logitech G400/G400s uses a modified version of, the Avago S3095))
2. Roccat Savu (Avago A3090) [Limitation: No DPI slider. You can only choose between 400, 800, 1600, and 4000). Very comfortable mouse with sandpaper-like thumb grip so it won't slip. One of the left thumb buttons is mapped to Shift+, and when you hold that button it makes all the other buttons on the mouse do something different. You can set all that up in the driver software, which is probably the best I've used.
3. Cooler Master Storm Spawn (Avago A3090) (Make sure to get the most recent firmware update, which fixes problems caused by earlier firmware updates)

There are other mice with the A3090 sensor, and that's not the only perfect sensor.
Some mice that have that sensor still won't be perfect though, it depends on if they have prediction enabled.

Here is a basic list of mice and their sensors, and whether they have prediction or not.
It's by no means complete, but should give you something to go on.
http://www.overclock.net/t/854100/gaming-mouse-sensor-list

I saw the savu but I usually play at about 2200 dpi +/- 200 depending on the game etc.
The spawn is my top choice at the moment.
Was hoping you'd be able to help me find out of the naos 3200 is flawless or not xD
Is the maurus limited to the 5 preset dpi settings?

Nov 9, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #107 of 406
I disagree with Savu being comfortable but that's for me, I used it only a day or two but that was enough to start feeling a tired wrist after a bit of use. I'm a fingertip user and the backside was too rectangular shaped I felt so the fingers couldn't rest comfortable at the backside of it (I grab the mouse at the back with the outer palm/fingers only). MX518 I could game with for say 5 hrs straight without any issues, the Savu I start feeling excessive stress at my wrist after an hour or so.

Nov 9, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #108 of 406
I saw the savu but I usually play at about 2200 dpi +/- 200 depending on the game etc.
Was hoping you'd be able to help me find out of the naos 3200 is flawless or not xD

The Naos 3200 has the Avago A3060 sensor which the Logitech MX518 had. The sensor doesn't have any acceleration, but it does have prediction, which means that it will try to interpolate your movements into the way the manufacturer thought it should be moved, typically in straight lines.

When you move a mouse without prediction from left to right, it will look something like this, assuming it was drawing a line with the cursor:
-_-_-_-_-_ except all the lines are connected by vertical lines to make a series of 'u' looking dips. Prediction tries to make it a straight line. It sounds like a good thing, but it really isn't.

I haven't personally used the Maurus, but I saw that it had a similar shape and had an Avago A3090 sensor so it should be flawless.

The thing is that at the high DPI you play it, you might not notice flaws anyway.
You need to have mouse acceleration turned off in Windows (it's called Enhanced Pointer Precision, ironically) and this can be done either in Control Panel or more simply in the driver programs for most mice. As long as your mouse doesn't have any built-in +/- acceleration, which all laser mice do but the ones I've mentioned and the Naos 3200 don't, you'll have a perfect 1:1 correspondance between the movement of the mouse and the movement of the cursor.

After that, the times when you'll really notice sensor flaws are generally at low to medium sensitivity (200-800 or so). The reason for that is that with 1600 DPI (the highest I've ever used), you can only barely move the mouse or the cursor will absolutely fly, so you're not moving it far enough for acceleration or prediction to really happen most of the time. You'd have to be hyper sensitive to notice unless you were getting mouse lag.

Nov 9, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #109 of 406

The Naos 3200 has the Avago A3060 sensor which the Logitech MX518 had. The sensor doesn't have any acceleration, but it does have prediction, which means that it will try to interpolate your movements into the way the manufacturer thought it should be moved, typically in straight lines.

When you move a mouse without prediction from left to right, it will look something like this, assuming it was drawing a line with the cursor:
-_-_-_-_-_ except all the lines are connected by vertical lines to make a series of 'u' looking dips. Prediction tries to make it a straight line. It sounds like a good thing, but it really isn't.

I haven't personally used the Maurus, but I saw that it had a similar shape and had an Avago A3090 sensor so it should be flawless.

The thing is that at the high DPI you play it, you might not notice flaws anyway.
You need to have mouse acceleration turned off in Windows (it's called Enhanced Pointer Precision, ironically) and this can be done either in Control Panel or more simply in the driver programs for most mice. As long as your mouse doesn't have any built-in +/- acceleration, which all laser mice do but the ones I've mentioned and the Naos 3200 don't, you'll have a perfect 1:1 correspondance between the movement of the mouse and the movement of the cursor.

After that, the times when you'll really notice sensor flaws are generally at low to medium sensitivity (200-800 or so). The reason for that is that with 1600 DPI (the highest I've ever used), you can only barely move the mouse or the cursor will absolutely fly, so you're not moving it far enough for acceleration or prediction to really happen most of the time. You'd have to be hyper sensitive to notice unless you were getting mouse lag.

First thing I did was turn off the enhanced pointer when I reinstalled xD
I don't thing I'm sensitive enough to notice prediction
Thanks for the info

Nov 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #112 of 406
whats a good wireless claw-grip mouse that has at least 3 buttons and a rechargeable battery/dock thing? I liked how the old MX revolution used to have a cradle for when it wasnt in use, and even having 2 battery packs that you can keep swapping between is fine. I hate how my G700 stays wired or uses up 2 USB ports (one for transciever, one for charging chord).

Oct 9, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #113 of 406
Thought I would write in, I am still with my deathadder 2013, great improvelment over the copperhead couldn't be happier I just wish I had a better mouse mat / gel pad. I am using the razor gelbad from an old gaming mat I used and couple it with the EVGA gaming mat
 + 

Oct 9, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #114 of 406
Looking for a new mouse because my Sensei Raw is nearing the end of its lifespan. It has to be light and suited for a claw grip as I don't like unwieldy mice. It preferably should under 100g and have a perfect a sensor as possible. Here's my considerations so far:

1. Steelseries Kana V2
  2. Zowie FK1
  3. CM Storm Spawn

Mar 30, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #115 of 406
The 3200 is not "flawless" in the sense that it uses the same predictive stuff that lets you do flat lines that the mx518 did. In the sense that it has a very good maximum speed before malfunction, it's great, and way better than ... pretty much all laser mice. It also does not have the hardware acceleration that the adns 9800 sensors in high-DPI laser mice have, which is good, because that means laser mice, if you swipe out wide, and then inch back to your home position, you're aiming somewhere completely different. If you swipe out wide on a competent LED optical, and then inch back, you're pointed exactly where you were. So. 

Mar 30, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #116 of 406
From the one's i own/ed i would list em as followed:
1. Microsoft Intelli 1.1
2. Mionix Naos 7000
3. Roccat Savu
4. Microsoft Intelli 3.0
5. Deathadder 3.5G

I mostly play comp. FPS. If either of my Intellis were still intact after years of usage, i would still use em.
Honestly, from pure tracking precision i would rate the Savu the highest, none of my other mices simply tracked soo good. Unfortunately it has a malfunction when its moved too fast and thus i had to return back to the Deathadder until i replaced it with the Naos. From Build Quality the Naos is just unrivaled, nuff said.

Edit: I am currently thinking of moving on to the Asus Rog Gladius which looks like a cross of Intelli 3.0 + Deathadder. Anyone have had experiences with it yet?

Mar 30, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #117 of 406
I've only used the Steelseries Sensei Raw soft touch edition and am using the Ninox Aurora. Both have served me very well.

Mar 31, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #118 of 406
whats a good wireless claw-grip mouse that has at least 3 buttons and a rechargeable battery/dock thing? I liked how the old MX revolution used to have a cradle for when it wasnt in use, and even having 2 battery packs that you can keep swapping between is fine. I hate how my G700 stays wired or uses up 2 USB ports (one for transciever, one for charging chord).

Doesn't quite fit your needs, but I take it you've tried the Razer Orochi? BT + batteries when wireless, can be wired if you want higher dpi. Takes up only one USB port. Fairly small, so you basically only only really use it with a claw grip. Not that expensive either, and looks like it could be Darth Vader's mouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back