best gaming cans
Sep 23, 2007 at 11:15 AM Post #32 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=large]STAX WILL OWN YOU!![/size]

I've tried almost every dynamic can and my SR-Lambda Stax with SRD-7 and Parasound amp = Oh MY! Sound. Delicate, precise and SLAMMING!

Hear, hear!

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah look, the SR-Lambdas are not easy to get. You would need to look for newer models. Honestly I am a noob with Stax. I just got lucky to stumble into these.

Yes, you were very lucky.
Seems like you a very pleased that you stumbled into them as well...
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by plaidplatypus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stax can't be beat for music IMO. I'm not a Texan
tongue.gif

Word!
I am not Texan either. Not even close. he he

Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats it.. You really have me interested now.. I guess I'm afraid I'd like the sound so much I'd sell my Dynamic headphones & my DAC1..

You know you want to give Stax a try!
lambda.gif

I would be surprised if you did not end up liking it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by nburge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the stax are hard to find..

Not harder than going to a webshop and order one (SR-303, SR-404, ...).
Stax still produce lots of headphones you know...
wink.gif

Sep 23, 2007 at 12:32 PM Post #33 of 36
If you are stuck on a budget and want the best 3D sound stage then the 701 is a good idea. No real bass slam but accurate as all get out. They are easy to get used here for around $230-250.

Yes I did get lucky with my Stax. Literally, they are a top 5-6 headphone imo. Lol they are bested really only by the Omega II!!

I would put it up there with the very best too. I like them better than the K1000, Headphile modded K340, or my old beloved deep Open Darths. The Stax have all of the best qualities of each dynamic imo. It is like someone smashed it all together and gave them more speed and transparency lol. So delicate and resolving.

Sep 23, 2007 at 1:50 PM Post #35 of 36
Still have not received them? Damn. Must be customs holding things up. Yes I did try them and they did quite well if you don't mind them being bass-shy.

Sep 23, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #36 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by nburge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you can buy a darth for 360$ if you are at 500 you are choosing a higher priced custom wood. if you choose the first dt770 option whic is woody/recable the price is 225 and change the 1.5 meter to 2.0 that makes it 275& now add the blackmax thats 75 for a total of 350.00 with paduak wood. an extra 10 for black ear pads.

Now add on the price of the DT770's ($145), the lowest configurable with the headphones included is $370 with BlackSilver, Paduak, 1.0m cable. And the actual price with Paduak and 2.0m with BlackMax cable by itself is $350 yes, then add on $145 onto that and you have yourself $495 +shipping.

spacemanspiff, I've already got the K701's but I don't like them too much for gaming but I love them for my music (Rock, Metal, Rap, Techno, Electronic), the only problem I have with them for gaming is after 3-4 hours they start getting more uncomfortable, then eventually you have to take them off.

Is the bass on the closed Darth Beyers (with BlackMax cable and Paduak or Bloodwood, still deciding on which) wayyy too much for gaming and my types of music or are they nice. Also hows the comfort, are they wearable for hours on end? And what's the midrange and treble like? If they're very comfortable and good for my music types then I may sell my K701's and use that money to buy the Darth Beyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back