best gaming cans
Sep 23, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #16 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=large]STAX WILL OWN YOU!![/size]

I've tried almost every dynamic can and my SR-Lambda Stax with SRD-7 and Parasound amp = Oh MY! Sound. Delicate, precise and SLAMMING!

OK, you love music on your STAX but have you actually tried gaming with them?

If you have lots of money I would suggest the audio-technica ATH-A900LTD or similar.

Grados or KSC-35s if you don't have as much.

Sep 23, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #17 of 36
Dammit man I have won BF2 Cal Championships and am a All-Star Infantry lol.

Dorky I know, but yes I am one of the very best in the world. My other hobby.

My main goal coming into headphones was to find the best gaming can. Here they are: STAX

End of f--------ing story man. Trust a fellow Texan.

Sep 23, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #18 of 36
I had the dt770 80 ohm and they are bass KINGS! they are fun gaming cans cause an explosion sounds like a nuclear explosion but the mids are recessed so i wouldn't recommend them if you are a serious gamer. I also have the dt990 05' from beyer. if you want to hear footsteps and know exactly where your enemy's are and know how far away they are, which direction they are heading etc go for the dt990 2005 model. I can even hear multiple players at multiple positions and get the advantage on all of em. It almost feels like cheating these headphones are so good. im a gamer i play unreal tournament so i need speed and sound.

I personally think all them gaming cans you mentioned are crap(IceMat Siberias, and the Razer). you are smarter than your friends because you realize that you need real headphones and this is the right place to get the right pair. many people here will say that this can or that can is good for gaming as it sounds good to them so you'll get 50 different suggestions it doesn't make it any easier for you. If you look in my sig i have tried some very expensive headphones and none of them have done for me what the dt990's for gaming. they are open cans the dt770 are closed for your info. these dt990 also have the beyer bass but better rounded. if you were going to buy the dt990 go to b&hphoto and search beyerdynamic then have them email you a cheaper price it will be about 260.00 but its the best price for new dt990's ive found.

also spacemanspliff really knows his stuff about gaming setups you could try reading some of his other posts for some great info.

Sep 23, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #19 of 36
Yeah look, the SR-Lambdas are not easy to get. You would need to look for newer models. Honestly I am a noob with Stax. I just got lucky to stumble into these.

Darths, 880s with Cardas, 701s/601s, A900s, 770s are my next favorites in order of best to least preferred. Stax just are insane sounding. Sound stage really has true depth of field. You can really hear near, far, forward, back, up, down better as well as the basic left right.

So something that is above you left about 30 yards SOUNDS like that lol.

Sep 23, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #21 of 36
Quote:

Dammit man I have won BF2 Cal Championships and am a All-Star Infantry lol.

Dorky I know, but yes I am one of the very best in the world. My other hobby.

My main goal coming into headphones was to find the best gaming can. Here they are: STAX

End of f--------ing story man. Trust a fellow Texan.

Yea, well I'm a SSgt with 1:2 K/D ratio.

Stax can't be beat for music IMO. I'm not a Texan
tongue.gif

Sep 23, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #22 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by plaidplatypus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you have lots of money I would suggest the audio-technica ATH-A900LTD or similar.

*drools* I want the ATH-A900LTD, GIMME GIMME! Seriously though, those are so rare I don't really get how you can suggest them. If you can find a pair for sale in good condition link 'em please!

Sep 23, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #24 of 36
Nice, would you guys recommend those or Darth Beyers for gaming (mainly FPS games), also comfort-wise, which are more comfy and which weigh less. I don't really like my K701's because I have HUGE gaming sessions at times and after awhile they aren't the most comfortable things ever, also they're great headphones for the music I listen to, but not as good for gaming as I've heard these two I'm asking about are.

Sep 23, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #26 of 36
Stax then Darths for gaming. Best two.

Sep 23, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #27 of 36
Ugh Darth's are really pricey, I'm going to narrow it down to DT880's stock and ATH-A900LTD's as $500 shipped (Paduak, 2.0 meter cable, BlackMax cable) is a bit pricey for me.

Will either of those beat the K701's for gaming? Which of the 3 win in:

1. Sound Quality.
2. Soundstage (3D Positioning).
3. Comfort.

Sep 23, 2007 at 5:10 AM Post #28 of 36
you can buy a darth for 360$ if you are at 500 you are choosing a higher priced custom wood. if you choose the first dt770 option whic is woody/recable the price is 225 and change the 1.5 meter to 2.0 that makes it 275& now add the blackmax thats 75 for a total of 350.00 with paduak wood. an extra 10 for black ear pads.

Sep 23, 2007 at 5:13 AM Post #29 of 36
Quote:

naw lol I paid $450 total for my Stax with amp. That is a good deal though. It would be closer to $600 usually.

Thats it.. You really have me interested now.. I guess I'm afraid I'd like the sound so much I'd sell my Dynamic headphones & my DAC1..

Sep 23, 2007 at 5:15 AM Post #30 of 36
the stax are hard to find so darths might be your best bet if 350 isnt to much for your budget. yeah my darths were a little to bassy also thats why i want my next pair to be open darths they should be perfect! I really wouldnt get a stock dt770 without modding it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back