Best game soundtrack?
Jun 28, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #377 of 437
Thoroughly enjoyed Octopath Traveler II's soundtrack.

Decisive Battle II only shows itself during a major battle. After cycling through ~6 other "calmer" battle songs, this one displays the gravitational weight of the opponent and the situation. The debut occurs after some dialogue, letting the listener know it's game time.

The character motifs are also quite nice. Considering the designers created characters that most varied from each other, it would make sense that the themes would be drastically different too. Ochette's theme is arguably the best here, however the other theme convey different emotions. (Minor spoilers: shows the introductory goal of the main characters)

Aug 9, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #378 of 437
Yesterday my Final Fantasy XVI collectors edition Soundtrack arrived.
An absolute masterpiece, both in terms of raw music as well as "video game music"

What do I mean by that?
Final Fantasy 16 has many Boss battles and these battles have their own theme. So far so classic.
As many games also FF16s boss battles have phases. After a certain amount of damage you inflict a new phase starts.
These phases have variations of the boss battle theme, usually getting more intense the closer you're to finishing the fight.

The special thing in FF16 is, that the theme variations are composed in such a way, that you can basically switch at any time of the theme and the transition will sound natural.
Since more skilled players transition phases faster than "slower" players this isn't a trivial thing to achieve.

Absolutely stunning!

Aug 9, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #379 of 437
Yesterday my Final Fantasy XVI collectors edition Soundtrack arrived.
An absolute masterpiece, both in terms of raw music as well as "video game music"

I absolutely agree, it's a fantastic soundtrack! I am kind of obsessed with 'Ascension'.

Speaking of best soundtracks, Xenoblade Chronicles games have top tier soundtracks.
This is the best battle theme for me:

Aug 28, 2023 at 3:24 AM Post #384 of 437
For me, it has always been the Assassin's Creed and Doom! Apart from that the NES sounds are dope!

Oct 14, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #389 of 437
I'm slowly playing through Assassins Creed Valhalla but I've listened to the soundtrack many times. I love it (among many other game soundtracks).

Oct 16, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #390 of 437
Screenshot_20231016-211802.jpg

I love Roon recommendations.
Didn't know there was a new release.

Genshin Impact has some incredible soundtrack. (I never actually played it tho)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back