Best game soundtrack?
Mar 8, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #347 of 441
Well it would be particular songs, not a complete soundtrack. I believe why by Ayaka from Crisis Core is the greatest soundtrack ever. But if we speak about the whole game OST then it will be Undertale

Mar 26, 2023 at 6:00 AM Post #351 of 441
There isn't an absolute best game soundtrack. There's about 100 amazing soundtracks.
I agree, and there's possibly even more now.

Great adventure platformer, my wife forced me to play it some years ago. Don't regret a second of it.
Lol, my wife forces me to do housework !

Jessica Curry, Jesper Kyd, and Raison Varner are some of my favourites. Any OST that motivates a listen post-game has surpassed it's intended purpose, and should be commended.

Mar 26, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #352 of 441
I love the NieR series soundtracks. I admit right now I am waiting for them to announce some sort of CD box set of the complete soundtracks for both Replicant and Automata. Neither the vinyl boxset nor the orchestral CD boxset are the complete soundtracks, but that is understandable given the limited space on vinyl and the cost of orchestration. That being said, if you have not heard the orchestral version, I recommend it. It is different but adds new layers and nuance.
I'm amazed there aren't more recommendations for NieR in here. Absolutely love the soundtracks for the series of games, it adds alot of weight to the feel of the game.

The "NieR Orchestral Arrangement Album" is by far my favourite game soundtrack recording and actually one of the favourite OST recordings.
Exceptionally played, recorded and mixed. The only thing they did wrong was not release it on vinyl, such a shame.

Honestly if you have not listened or played anything NieR I highly recommend giving at least Keiichi Okabe (composer) "NieR:Automata Orchestral Arrangement Album" a listen. It's not streamed so can be a pain to find, but worth it.

Edit: Found the first track from the NieR Automata version that doesn't sound totally awful on youtube.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2023 at 9:47 PM Post #354 of 441
Edit: Found the first track from the NieR Automata version that doesn't sound totally awful on youtube.

Could you recommend me 1-3 tracks from the album--heck, the whole game series? The video you linked is no longer available due to a copyright claim by SquareEnix. I'm currently skimming through the tracks and seeing if I fancy them. I haven't played the game yet so I won't experience the same things you do.

Mar 29, 2023 at 1:32 AM Post #355 of 441
Could you recommend me 1-3 tracks from the album--heck, the whole game series? The video you linked is no longer available due to a copyright claim by SquareEnix. I'm currently skimming through the tracks and seeing if I fancy them. I haven't played the game yet so I won't experience the same things you do.
City Ruins (Rays of Light)
Birth of a wish
Grandma (Destruction)

At least the Nier Automata OST is on Spotify. Should be enough to "check if you like it"

Mar 29, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #356 of 441

City Ruins (Rays of Light)
Birth of a wish
Grandma (Destruction)

At least the Nier Automata OST is on Spotify. Should be enough to "check if you like it"

Ah that was quick for it to be removed!

Yea those 3 would be great to have a listen to. Also "Sound of the End" from the OST
The original OST of either Repliant or Automata are great but I think the orchestral recordings are just better in every way myself, without main vocals too, but I generally don't like vocals with this kind of music so you may love it.

Mar 29, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #357 of 441
All Nier games have an amazing soundtrack! In general, Squaresoft and Square Enix games have super-soundtracks.
The recent Octopath Traveler games and Triangle Strategy are fantastic too.

Here is one I am enjoying a lot at the moment:

Apr 9, 2023 at 5:07 AM Post #360 of 441

Users who are viewing this thread

Back