Best for me.
Mar 7, 2004 at 1:21 AM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by terrymx
sony v6 is the last thing you want. they give me ear sweating...

If you purchase a pair of Beyerdynamic replacement pads the sweating will be negated.
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2004 at 6:11 AM Post #17 of 24
Wow, this is soooo tough! Okay, so Grado sr80, Sony V6, and.... damn Sennheiser have a huge amount of different headphones, and a lot of them look really cool
wink.gif

This is bordering on impossible.......

Mar 7, 2004 at 6:35 AM Post #18 of 24
Find a place that sells them all and has a good return policy, and try them all yourself. That's the only way to find the best headphone for you.

Grado are open, btw.

If you want a good closed 'phone that are really comfortable, get some AKG 271s. You can get them as low as $140, using http://froogle.google.com . The 271s wouldn't be so good for portable use though, they're big enough.

Mar 7, 2004 at 6:56 AM Post #19 of 24
Sony V6 is nice and etronics.com has it for 69.99. They nomally ship it same day via UPS ground. I had very good luck with them.

I'm going to second with Sony MDR-CD780 if you want the MAXIMUM comfort. It is probably one of the most comfortable headphones I've used, but it is not very portable. Sound characteristic is similar to V6, but it's a bit smoother and has a tighter bass. CD780 is open can so you will hear what is going on around you, and others will hear what you are hearing too.

V6 is VERY good isolating sound in and out (I always miss my phone calls). Senn HD-280 is nice too... more soothing than Sony V6. For Senn HD280, you have a choice between Black and Silver.

-Mike

Mar 17, 2004 at 2:49 AM Post #20 of 24
So, I'm reviving this topic because I wanted to chime in that my buddy bought a pair of Sennheiser HD 280 pros, and jeebus, these things have even more of a vice-grip on my noggin than my old Sony v700s! Seriously, ouch.... I guess I'll be going with the Sony V6....

Mar 17, 2004 at 3:45 AM Post #21 of 24
V6 is the standard "gateway drug" for people getting into the good-headphone scene.

I use the regular stock pads on mine, because I'm pretty comfortable in them. Maybe sometime I'll add the Beyer pads.

Mar 17, 2004 at 5:24 AM Post #24 of 24
Not disagreeing with commando here, but I didn't get the impression that sennhd280 was harsh, for some reason the v6 sounded more analytical and that made it more rougher sounding. I can't say who is right or wrong, So i say see if you can audtion both yourself
smily_headphones1.gif
To answer things clearly, I didn't get a chance to listen to music that had any bass in it when auditioning, so I can't say hd280 has any bass response or not either. So what I am saying i didnt get a full audition besides vocal, piano and guitar music from the stereophile cd.
I didn't think of that before. So try both.

Quote:

Originally posted by commando
The only closed 'phone i've tried in your range is the Senn 280. They're pretty good, but because their highs are a bit harsh i'd not like to listen to them for too long in a sitting. Also, they're not the most comfortable. Saying that, they're pretty damn good for the price.

I'd have to say give the V6's a try, if you don't like them you can always try the 280.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back