Best FLAC player for PC?
Nov 28, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #107 of 229
Quote:
how to check? as in same as the config icon pic. then  yep. Thx

Did u adjust the EQ for the player?

CAn notice the diff between mp3 and FLAC :)

No, there is no eq. If you want EQ click view and then equalizer.

Take your FLAC and encode it to V0 or 320 using dBpoweramp.. You won't hear a difference. If you can tell the difference right now it's either in your head, or it's an encoding error. I can tell the difference when the bitrate is too low (any lower than 192, 128 is painfully obvious, for example). I can also tell when an mp3 is a few years old (the encoders just weren't as good back then).

Also, you don't have to use dBpoweramp. It's just what I use, because I have it.

Nov 28, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #108 of 229
Quote:
No, there is no eq. If you want EQ click view and then equalizer.

Take your FLAC and encode it to V0 or 320 using dBpoweramp.. You won't hear a difference. If you can tell the difference right now it's either in your head, or it's an encoding error. I can tell the difference when the bitrate is too low (any lower than 192, 128 is painfully obvious, for example). I can also tell when an mp3 is a few years old (the encoders just weren't as good back then).

Also, you don't have to use dBpoweramp. It's just what I use, because I have it.

lol your r right the other mp3 file is of lower quality

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #111 of 229
Quote:
foobar

No, seriously foobar. I can upload my setup if you want it.

Yes his set up... is a standard option... the first time you start foo bar you can set it up that way... it's pretty simple!

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #112 of 229
Quote:
I use Foobar for playback and MusicBee for library management. So what I do is have my library set up in MusicBee, and when i click to play a song it launches Foobar immediately and plays it through there. Best of both worlds :)

I feel you there, I had to do a little work to get my Library set up how I wanted in Foo Bar but I still love the way it organizes things! Plus you guys

FOO BAR DOES AUDIO CONVERSION... JUST LIKE DB POWER AMP, so yea it's a GREAT program! 

Feb 12, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #118 of 229
I use foobar but I don't use FLAC. To be honest, I'd rather use WMP if it had WASAPI or ASIO support (I really like the interface though I've configured Foobar to my liking). I use WMA lossless because that works wonderfully on PC (tags, album art, everything) and on my Lumia 920. Mp3tag does awesome job in tagging.

Feb 13, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #119 of 229
Quote:
I use foobar but I don't use FLAC. To be honest, I'd rather use WMP if it had WASAPI or ASIO support (I really like the interface though I've configured Foobar to my liking). I use WMA lossless because that works wonderfully on PC (tags, album art, everything) and on my Lumia 920. Mp3tag does awesome job in tagging.

What's wrong with FLAC format for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back