Best FLAC player for PC?
Nov 26, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #91 of 229
Quote:
Yes I already figured that out a long time ago.. thanks though <3

On another note... my pc flipped out today and my GPU ran EVERYTHING at half fps while me Sound was like TERRIBLE... reset the thing and it worked again... IT BE THE CURSE OF CYBER MONDAY... I pissed off the Technology gods some how e.e

non the less... I've yet to try jRiver... not sure if I will e.e any one have any reason why it's WAY better than FooBar :O. I do like how clean my FooBar is btw

LOOK

JRMC has the advantage of playing video. Sound quality wise, it has no advantage whatsoever.

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #92 of 229
Quote:
Yes I already figured that out a long time ago.. thanks though <3

On another note... my pc flipped out today and my GPU ran EVERYTHING at half fps while me Sound was like TERRIBLE... reset the thing and it worked again... IT BE THE CURSE OF CYBER MONDAY... I pissed off the Technology gods some how e.e

non the less... I've yet to try jRiver... not sure if I will e.e any one have any reason why it's WAY better than FooBar :O. I do like how clean my FooBar is btw

LOOK

Nice, mine is uber simplistic.. I never sit there looking at it, so it doesn't really matter. Mine is strictly utilitarian.

Sometimes I break out an EQ on the bottom there, when I want to use it. But I don't really like how it looks. I wish I could color it blue.

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #93 of 229
[Hijack alert] What's a good all round player with Flac capability that lets you build play lists, play several albums/artists on shuffle, has good (enough) sound and is simple and clean.   I know Foobar will be a top answer, but I'd really like a "plug and play" player that I don't have to configure from scratch. 

I've been away from Foobar for a while, but I remember dumping it for Media Monkey because I grew tired of having to build it.  [/Hijack alert]

Nov 27, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #95 of 229
Quote:
[Hijack alert] What's a good all round player with Flac capability that lets you build play lists, play several albums/artists on shuffle, has good (enough) sound and is simple and clean.   I know Foobar will be a top answer, but I'd really like a "plug and play" player that I don't have to configure from scratch. 

I've been away from Foobar for a while, but I remember dumping it for Media Monkey because I grew tired of having to build it.  [/Hijack alert]

Have you tried Songbird?

It has a really nice and clean interface, and I've never had problems with any filetype on it.

I used to use it all the time, but I ended up ditching it for Winamp, since Winamp has the best visualizer. Also the Winapple skin looks nice on it(every singe other one is ugly imo).

Nov 27, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #97 of 229
Quote:

Really, there isn't anything that's as good as Foobar.

Nov 27, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #98 of 229
Quote:

Unless you want decent library management. Which in that case, there really isn't anything as bad.

Foobar is only good if you actually use the extensions for it. For someone who wants to just play music normally with ease, it's a bad choice.

Nov 27, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #99 of 229
Quote:
Unless you want decent library management. Which in that case, there really isn't anything as bad.

Which is why I use iTunes. I care about library management.

Nov 27, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #101 of 229
Quote:

I'm sure that's true....but sometimes you just want to sit in a chair, not build it.  I seem to remember there was a site somewhere where you could download complete/semi complete packages.  izzatso?

Nov 27, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #103 of 229
Wow...Foobar is WAY different than I remember.  

Edit to add:
A) I like the config Chris, Thanks!!!
B) I do all my library management up front. Everything in album folder within an artist folder.  I've always done it this way.  +- 20K songs.

Nov 27, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #105 of 229
Quote:
hi hi just got into FLAC craz recently

was looking ard for a good FLAC player

thx for the config or i wont know what i shld config

the sound form foobar is really good!

EDIT: Not sure I import correctly. is import theme?

Yes, import theme. Does it look like mine? If so, you did it right :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back