Best fit for Shure SE215!
Apr 8, 2014 at 2:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Ardian

Head-Fier
Hi to everyone my friends.
I need some help.
I own Shure SE215 Special Edition, they are great in sound, but I'm little in trouble with the fit. I found the silicone ones make them too dark because of the little hole! The Olive tips are perfect and give more airy sound thanks to Big hole.. But there is a problem! The shape of my ear-canal is too strange. With the medium one I can't get good isolation, cause it doesn't fit properly, I need something bigger! But when I try the large ones I found perfect initially. After 20 minutes I get my ears hot and uncomfortable, and after 1 hour I hear them hurt.. Definitely they are too big, enlarge my ear-canal!! :S
What can you suggest me? There is something a little bigger than the medium, but smaller than large ones?

Thank you :)

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #3 of 10
I believe large Complys are a teeny bit smaller than the large olives.

Do you suggest me a specific one, I've seen some rounded, other very long..

Apr 8, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #4 of 10
You could look around on their website.
http://www.complyfoam.com/
I have experience with the T-series and I find them too muffling when worn normally because I have small ear canals, so I put them on my CX-300 IIs basckwards, with the fat end facing my ear.
slightly weird, but hey, no muffle.
I have also read that the Ts series are less muffly.
also, get the -100 size for Shures

Apr 9, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #7 of 10
You could look around on their website.
http://www.complyfoam.com/
I have experience with the T-series and I find them too muffling when worn normally because I have small ear canals, so I put them on my CX-300 IIs basckwards, with the fat end facing my ear.
slightly weird, but hey, no muffle.
I have also read that the Ts series are less muffly.
also, get the -100 size for Shures

apparently the Ts series are the best (the round ones) both in terms of comfort and sound

Thank you very much :) I think I have to try the Ts one! Do you know if they last long time?

Tried buying a pair of triple-flanges? Worked for me, though it looks disgusting after a month of use. 

I don't, the triple flanges gives a particular sound signature? The hole is large enough?
Ouch! It means that get dirty very easily :S

Apr 9, 2014 at 2:49 AM Post #8 of 10
I've seen someone suggesting the Westone Star tips ore True-fit tips! Have you tried them?

Apr 9, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #9 of 10
I have found that the Tru-Fit tips are absolutely horrible. The foam is much harder than that of Complys and Shure Olives, and the foam has a tendency to come off the core.
I tried superglueing the foam back onto the core, but I messed up and hardened the entire foam.
I eventually decored the foams completely to put Sony Hybrids onto them.

The Star tips are decent, better than most other silicone tips, but I still find them inferior to the Shure Olives and Sony Hybrids. They are a lot more convenient though.

Apr 9, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #10 of 10
I have found that the Tru-Fit tips are absolutely horrible. The foam is much harder than that of Complys and Shure Olives, and the foam has a tendency to come off the core.
I tried superglueing the foam back onto the core, but I messed up and hardened the entire foam.
I eventually decored the foams completely to put Sony Hybrids onto them.

The Star tips are decent, better than most other silicone tips, but I still find them inferior to the Shure Olives and Sony Hybrids. They are a lot more convenient though.

Thank you for sharing your experience :) I think I will try comply foam!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back