Best earphones under 25 $
Sep 18, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These right here will be the best:

Fuji Labs Silver Acoustic Isolation Silicone Earbud - FJ-IPOD-E3220-SL - Buy.com

I've seen that design somewhere before...
Sennheiser CX300-S Lightweight Earphone - Cable - Stereo - 3.5 mm Plug - Ear-bud(s) - Silver - CX300S - Buy.com
(and the EP630/640...)
How much money are you getting from Fuji Labs to shill for their stuff?
EDIT: Upon further review, my accusation is a bit harsh.
As far as I can tell, though, lewislink is the only one recommending Fuji Labs headphones. YMMV.

Sep 20, 2008 at 12:47 PM Post #19 of 23
I recommend the Philips SHS8000, they are Very comfortable and the most musical at this price point. Very deep and tight bass, with up-front mids and sparkly highs...very close to the JBL220's at much lower price...If you are in NJ, you can get them at some Rite Aid or Walgreens Drugstores, or at Target. I put the link to the Target website below the picture...

41CNwRLqRfL._SS260_.jpg

Philips SHS8000 at Target

Sep 20, 2008 at 1:49 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ameyer17 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've seen that design somewhere before...
Sennheiser CX300-S Lightweight Earphone - Cable - Stereo - 3.5 mm Plug - Ear-bud(s) - Silver - CX300S - Buy.com
(and the EP630/640...)
How much money are you getting from Fuji Labs to shill for their stuff?
EDIT: Upon further review, my accusation is a bit harsh.
As far as I can tell, though, lewislink is the only one recommending Fuji Labs headphones. YMMV.

Exactly! These are all made by Foster of Japan. Each company order them to specific specs which give each phone its own sound. The Fujis have a better overall sound than the other. They have much wider soundstage, better treble and are not muddy sounding but rather very open, clear, crisp and clean sounding.

EDIT - These Fujis may have too bright a sound quality and they don't have as much soundstage. I just got through breaking mine in and am listening to them. The sound, coming from high end phones like the UM2 is too bight for my taste. It's more like an Etymotic. The soundstage isn't as good as I first thought but isn't exactly bad, either.

Sep 20, 2008 at 7:22 PM Post #23 of 23
MX 160-the basic earphone in the MX series:
Sennheiser Electronic - MX 160

Got myself a set for $9-it was on sale (was $15) at Harvey Norman.

Yes I'm in Australia-it's rare to find a Sennheiser pair for less than $25 here, while these seem to be $14 in the USA.

Always like Sennheisers for their nice and well defined bass.

Wow-the MX160 sounds very good with my iPod,Samsung and Sony players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back