Best Earphones in $50-$100 Range?
Dec 31, 2012 at 9:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SachaS

New Head-Fier
Hi, this is my first post here so I hope that this is in the right area of the forum.
I am currently looking to buy a new pair of headphones/earphones/earbuds and I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on as to what to buy. I have had 4 types of headphones in my life.

1. Apple Headphones that are bundled with their products.
2. SkullCandy 50/50's
3. SkullCandy FMJ's
4. SkullCandy FIX's.

I *thought* they were really nice headphones, but I have been recently enlightened by a friend of mine that I have been wasting my money. 
Could anyone suggest me a pair of earphones that are good for Ambient/Instrumental music in the $50-$100 range that will last at least a year or two. (The skullcandy's all broke due to manufacturer defect!) I am gentle with them, and they also have to be compatable with iPod Touch and Mac. 
Thanks for your help in advance!

Dec 31, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
Hi, this is my first post here so I hope that this is in the right area of the forum.
I am currently looking to buy a new pair of headphones/earphones/earbuds and I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on as to what to buy. I have had 4 types of headphones in my life.

1. Apple Headphones that are bundled with their products.
2. SkullCandy 50/50's
3. SkullCandy FMJ's
4. SkullCandy FIX's.

I *thought* they were really nice headphones, but I have been recently enlightened by a friend of mine that I have been wasting my money. 
Could anyone suggest me a pair of earphones that are good for Ambient/Instrumental music in the $50-$100 range that will last at least a year or two. (The skullcandy's all broke due to manufacturer defect!) I am gentle with them, and they also have to be compatable with iPod Touch and Mac. 
Thanks for your help in advance!

25 percent off of 119 for the Limited Edition Shure SE215 at earphonesolutions.  Might be worth looking into.

They should blow the pants off of the 4 'phones you mentioned above

Jan 1, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
Thanks!
32 views and nobody has any suggestions? :frowning2: Is there any other forum where I can actually get someone to respond?

well its not that people don't respond, maybe it's just that not many people have experience in this sector of audio. so instead of writing up a story which has no truth in it they leave.

before i leave, some good iem's i tried at Jaben.(just based on my preference, may differ to yours)
Phionak Audio PFE012
Shure SE215

not that i'm too experienced with iem's, just my 2 cents here
redface.gif

all the best

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #5 of 6
The RE0 are realy great sounding IEMs with good amount of details showing in music and they improve with AMPs help. Other IEMs like JVC FXD80, Sony EX600, Yamaha EPH100, Creative Aurvana 3, Sony EX510 are good match with these genres music.

Jan 1, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
The RE0 are realy great sounding IEMs with good amount of details showing in music and they improve with AMPs help. Other IEMs like JVC FXD80, Sony EX600, Yamaha EPH100, Creative Aurvana 3, Sony EX510 are good match with these genres music.

Love my RE0's but I don't think I'd point the OP to them because it may be too shocking of a sound signature change compared to his skull candys. I think the JVC FXD80 and Yamaha EPH100 are more of a direct upgrade in terms of having big, clear sound and still having larger than normal bass. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back