Best Earphones for price range
Jan 19, 2010 at 5:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

jeff8073x

New Head-Fier
What would be the best set of earphones for a budget of around $50-120. And which would be the best quality for cost? As in are they amazing for $50 versus great for $120.

I saw ER6i's are on amazon for 49.99, are those amazing for the price?

If it helps at all, I listen to hip-hop/techno mostly.

Thanks!!!!

Jan 19, 2010 at 6:10 AM Post #4 of 15
Technically, best quality for the money would be the RE0. It's widely appreciated here for good reason; its very detailed and accurate. How much bass do you want from your earphones? I could be wrong but assuming you want decent bass then the er6i may not be right for you. I would recommend the Fisher Eterna, Cyclone PR1 Pro, or Phonak PFE, or the RE0 if bass isn't a huge priority.

Jan 19, 2010 at 6:16 AM Post #6 of 15
I would not recommend the Er6i for hip hop. For me at the low end of your price range the stellar values would be the Meelectronics Ai-M6 and Maximo iM-590. Higher up in that range would be the Monster Turbines (good value if you can find them for <$100) or Klipsch S4s.

Jan 19, 2010 at 8:09 AM Post #8 of 15
turbines and s4 are both pretty good. s4 sounds much warmier and has the sennheiser-like dark, mellow sound. turbines has some really good clarity with it, bass is decent and very,very clean which surpasses my ie8, not hitting as hard though. Both have solid bass but very different paths to head towards. FA eterna has so far the strongest bass i've ever heard but too overpowering somehow.

Jan 19, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #10 of 15
i like the PK2's in that price range. haven't listened to too many of the others mentioned though so it's a biased opinion i guess.. also heard good things about the fisher eterna and have placed an order for them myself. but the RE0 I don't think it would be for you if you're looking for a deep bass, because you're not gonna find it.

Jan 19, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #12 of 15
i've got er6i
i think i bought mine from amazon. it has clear great sound
but lacks of bass.
sad01

you cant feel the pumping of bass in your music
and it's isolation i think is not bad.

Jan 19, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #13 of 15
ER6is are great at that price for clarity and detail. CX500 are refined bass thumpers. Denon C551s are decent all-rounders. Each are around $50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back