Best earphones for Music?
Aug 5, 2007 at 8:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

leetsteel

New Head-Fier
Hi im looking for very good EARPHONES(hint hint) for music for my ipod. I am looking around $30-$45 for one. I am looking for deep bass and not much leek sound. Any help? Are sennheisers good?

Aug 5, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #3 of 24
let me be the first of many to suggest the Grado SR60s, there about $60, but they will be better then any bigger name headphone in that range and their definitively worth putting an extra 15$ down on an amazing pair of headphones. As someone who's new at this too, the SR60 was my first real headphone, and it blew anything else id ever heard away.

btw, welcome to head-fi, sry about your wallet

Aug 5, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #4 of 24
Best earphones for music?

Only the Yuin Pk1 come to mind.

I doubt you will get the best for something around $30-$40.

Good luck!

Aug 5, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #5 of 24
i meant best for $40. like worth-the-money wise. I really wouldnt spend $60 for a pair of earphones just to listen on the bus or walk or something like that. i usually listen to music at home with my hd555's

Aug 5, 2007 at 8:57 PM Post #6 of 24
I would get some PortaPros, cut a quarter sized, about 12mm section out or a little larger of the foam and enjoy, after they burn in. I found some cheap Koss phones for 5 dollars that have extra foam earpads and the pads are thicker than what comes with the Portapros. Mine had worn out so I used these and though I hate to waste, threw away the headphones as they weren't very good, to say the least. Anyway with the thicker foam and the center cut out which improves the mids the bass is also much improved and has a good clean fast, articulate quality.

Aug 5, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #10 of 24
yeah, sry bout that, there not exactly portable either

Aug 5, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #11 of 24
If you can stretch a bit .. CX300 by sennhesier. No sound leak, excellent bass.

Aug 5, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #12 of 24
I tried about 6 different pairs of ear-bud type earphones. Each earphone is unique and different in sound. It was very tough to pick a winner. The only ones that were really any better than the stock iPod ones were some cheap Panasonic's. I'd recommend buying a bunch from stores that allow you to return them and see which you like best.

I tried the Sennheiser MX 400 and MX51 and CX300. The 400 has nicer highs than the iPod buds but lacks in bass. The MX51 sounds very similar to the iPod ones, but weren't as comfortable, so I stuck with the stock iPod's. Too bad that there's nothing out there that tops iPod's. If you can sacrifice bass, then Sennheiser is better, but earbuds already lack enough in bass IMO.

Try some of the Panasonic ones, they have a bit better bass (not much more, but better) than the iPod's. Here's a link (note that this is a Canadian link) to the ones i tried and liked.

I did end up buying some that I prefer over the iPod's, which are Bose In-Ear headphones. They have great bass for ear-buds, but are quiet in the mids and highs. They are out of your price range though.

Aug 5, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #13 of 24
Meh, just get a ksc75, it'll be better than any non-Yuin earbud.

Aug 6, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #14 of 24
MX500 if you can find it. MX50/51 only if you have an amp. It'll sound boring without amp (64ohms!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back